Hondata..... [Archive] - Club RSX Message Board

: Hondata.....

2k3blue-rsx-s
04-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Hi i just got hondata but my car turns out to be a bad luck charm when it comes to people hitting me, seems to have a big sigh that says hit me..... so im trading my car in and getting a evo. ya ya ya everyone gets a evo. but is there a way me and my bodie can trade ecus? i was thinkin keepin our keyless entrees (alarm) and trading keys immoblizer and ecu, would that work? and keeping the spare key so if u lock ur keys in car the spare would work in door. is this logical can someone help me out?

conradb212
04-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Hi i just got hondata but my car turns out to be a bad luck charm when it comes to people hitting me, seems to have a big sigh that says hit me..... so im trading my car in and getting a evo. ya ya ya everyone gets a evo. but is there a way me and my bodie can trade ecus? i was thinkin keepin our keyless entrees (alarm) and trading keys immoblizer and ecu, would that work? and keeping the spare key so if u lock ur keys in car the spare would work in door. is this logical can someone help me out?

The key has a transponder in it that sends a signal to the immobilizer. If those don't match, the ECU will not start the engine. Obviously you'll want to keep the original keys with the car, so a Honda/Acura dealer will have to electronically match your key to the new immobilizer and ECU.

Not sure how this relates to the Evo. How do you know the bad luck won't follow you there? But at least then you'll have a banged-up ugly car instead of a banged-up nice looking one. ;)