What to use on tires? [Archive] - Club RSX Message Board

: What to use on tires?

rweed
08-16-2001, 05:06 AM
What does everyone use to keep the tire sidewalls black/wet looking?

i-VTEC
08-16-2001, 05:46 AM
ArmorAll protectants for now, but I have heard it's really cheap and crappy. I am going to try Meguiar's Endurance after I finish the ArmorAll.

96Accord2Dr
08-16-2001, 06:21 AM
I use Meguiars Endurance High Gloss. It lasts about a week which is longer then anything else I've used so far.

Kramer
08-16-2001, 06:26 AM
Meguires, no questions asked. I would suggest that you use Meguires for anything.

i-VTEC
08-16-2001, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by 96Accord2Dr
I use Meguiars Endurance High Gloss. It lasts about a week which is longer then anything else I've used so far.

Have you also tried the Meguiar's Endurance (the normal one)? Is the High Gloss very noticable compare to the normal Endurance?
I am still thinking if I should try the normal one or the high gloss after I finish with the Armorall.

Thanks

stormtrooper99
08-16-2001, 05:56 PM
If you want to use Amour All, there's a trick to getting the shine to last. What you do is spray the sidewalls and wipe off. After that, spray another coat on and leave it, don't wipe it off. Make sure you get all dry spots too. I've been doing this on my wheels for a few years now and the shine lasts about a week. Given you don't drive on gravel or it's constantly raining outside. Don't worry about drips, you won't get any.

Hope this helps. It's a little cheaper than Meguire's too. But they also make good shit. Especially their waxes.

Later

Savage
08-18-2001, 05:18 AM
I like Black Magic Wet Tire (Gel) seems to last a little longer than a week. :eek:

merlyn
08-18-2001, 06:08 AM
I use Zaino for EVERYTHING. It is truly the best...lasts for months.

Rogue 5
08-20-2001, 06:41 PM
I use Armorall Dealer's Advantage Tire foam. You spray it on and the just leave it. As long as its not raining it lasts up to 2 weeks!