Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

bent crank pulley?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  thenewdiabolic 
#1 ·
has anyone ever heard of a crank pulley getting bent on this car? heres what i got goin on...theres a good deal of virations in my car, there has been since i bought it, and ive been taking it one step at a time trying to figure out what it is coming from. its not the motor mounts, ive done a tune up and stuff...but the vibrations are still very bad...so i brought it to one of my mechanic friends, and he said that he thinks it may be a bent crank pulley, because the vibrations are very sensitive to the electrical system (the vibrations fluctuate a lot with use of the electrical system) anybody think this may be the cause of the vibrations? :dontknow:

G
#2 ·
I would be really surprised if it were the crank pulley. I have no idea how you would bend or damage one of those things, plus, they are torqued to something like 180 lb./ft.

What exactly are the "electrical fluctuations" you are describing?

Give us some more background on what you have done to the car and then we may be able to give a better answer.

#4 ·
well what i mean by electrical fluctuations is like...it becomes a bit worse when the alternator kicks on, and like...if i touch the window switch, itll get better for a split second, then get real bad for a split second, then go back to the normal amount of vibrations...haha sorry if that doesnt make sense lol, i dont really know how to explain it. it also goes away mostly if i up the idle to around 1k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.