Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Rsx won't start!!

Tags
rsx start
6K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Dj HiEnBoI 
#1 ·
Sorry for the spelling in advance,
I drove home the other day and shut off the car, go to start it back up and when i engage the clutch and turn the key all i hear is what i believe to be the flywheel spinning. BTW the clutch was slipping before this if that helps at all.
Thanks

#2 ·
Stupid question but how do you know that its just your flywheel that is spinning? It wouldnt matter if the clutch was worn because you have disengage it to start anyways. Could it be just the starter spinning while the solenoid doesnt engage? So my question is does it turn over at all?

#3 ·
It is VERY unlikely that the flywheel is just spinning, that would mean the bolts holding it to the engine would have snapped off and i have never seen or heard of that happening on our cars and i probably never will.

What you are probably hearing is the starter spinning but the solenoid isnt engaging the starter gear to the flywheel.

If you can get a friend to start the car while you get a prybar and a hammer and hit the starter a couple times to see if it will engage. If it does then you will need a starter. For now you can always just pop start it

#6 ·
try jumping it seriously what if it is the battery you never know ...

edit: what does a wornclutch have to do with starting the car anyways? my clutch was completly burnt out and it started fine.. also i mean you dont have to have the clutch depressed to start the car if its bypassed

#13 ·
Is your car under warranty?

If your starter is out, i would probably assume your out of warranty.

I dont care what mods you have done to your car, a starter isnt going because of any modification.

Going along with that standard diagnostic fee is $90, it will go towards the repairs once they find the problem.

If its warranty, they will refund the $90.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.