Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

removing window marker from car paint

35K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  noahenholm 
#1 ·
I have a SSM and my friends used that window marker stuff (that you see on high school car windows all the time) on my car. It rained very heavily last night and the window paint smeared and all over the back end of my car (on the paint). I was able to remove the remnants from my back windows this morning but I can't get the crap off my paint. I don't know what to do. Help would be appreciated, I want this crap off my car ASAP. I used EagleOne window cleaner on the windows (lot of effort to take the stuff off) but regular car soap didn't work.
Please help and to let everyone know, its washable paint-marker bought from Wal-Mart. Thanks.

#2 ·
try claying it maybe..

polishing would definitely get it out, but i dont think that's necessary.

maybe dishwashing soap? and then wax it immediately after?

or they have that acid wash that i keep hearing about (never tried it)

my guess is that it should come off. just dont wait long. try to get it off asap

#9 ·
So I've tried the clay bar with Meguiar's quick detailer as lube (came with the kit) but there is a LOT of surface to cover and it seems the clay bars provided will definitely not be enough.
Is there a more efficient way to clean it up or will I have to purchase additional clay bars? eBay for clay bars maybe? The stuff came off my trunk with a LOT of work with the claybars, but the entire rear bumper is left basically.
Thanks for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.