Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Glazed clutch. HOW DO I FIX IT!!

32K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  dohandrew 
#1 ·
Alright so my master cylinder went after my new clutch was put in. stage2 clutchmaster. I drove it not knowing for about a month, then it started slipping.. clutch is now glazed. I cant hit the gas hard while in 4th gear and vtech is out of the question How do i fix this..? I would HATE to have to open it up again..

#6 ·
Thing is. I switched out the master like you said (thanks for the suggestion on which master to get). And it feels a little better now. But when i first got clutch the engagement was right off the floor... now its right at the top of my pedal.. Could this be a bad pressure plate?

(its still slipping)

Once again guys, really appreciate your help.

#9 ·
I fixed a shuddering/slipping/glazed cluch in the mustang using emery cloth on the flywheel surface, and LIGHTLY on the clutch disc surface

Granted, it only took me 15 minutes to pull the trans in the car, it was worth the gamble, and it paid off

If I went through the trouble on an RSX, I would have the flywheel resurfaced and a new clutch put in if you are having bad slipping issues

#13 ·
I put the new clutch in, and it used to engage off the floor. And then i felt it get higher and higher as the das went by. Then one day it decided it was going to start engaging at the top... Even after i replaced my Master it still engages high.. could that just be the new pressure plate getting worn in?

#14 ·
ah nvm i was thinking the opposite. ya, that's the clutch wearing. as a clutch gets older the engagement point tends to raise very slowly. since it's glazed/worn, its engagement point rised very high

you can try adjusting the cmc clutch pedal adjustment (back of the clutch pedal) to see if that will lower your clutch pedal engagement and, maybe, help your slipping some. but if it's truly glazed it may not help

#15 ·
Thank you so much for the input!! im going to try that tomorrow.. God bless you all for dealing with my ignorance :-D. Im going to get the old clutch, scotchbrite it.. and sell it on ebay, maybe someone else will have luck with it..

Plan is to get a new clutch/pressure plate. Im still sticking with clutchmasters cause the grab i had before everything went to shit.. was amazing.. Im just hoping i have no more problems..

Ill keep you guys posted!

When i get the new one in.. No vtech untill 1kmiles...

#18 ·
hey i was just wondering if u have a "glazed" clutch (sorry if am using the wrong term dont really know wat that means) and engagement point is very high is there any dmg done to anything else in the long run? i was just wondering cuz my cars clutch is burnt and i dont wont be having money for awhile to fix thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.