Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

what forged piston to use in my setup????

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Scuffers 
#1 ·
I'm trying to find forged pistons that are in the same factory compression (11:0:1), anyone know where I get one??? or what piston setup do you recommend for mi case? my engine is a k20z1 @ 11 psi , if somebody have a part number will be good.

thanks

#2 ·
look into 4032 pistons, unless you plan on putting nitrous on it and going for gt35 turbo type power levels. the 4032 piston has a higher silicon content and will not expand and contract as much as 2618 pistons. much friendlier on your bottom end. it's still a forged piston and plenty strong enough to hold up to anything (within reason) the m62 can throw at it.

#6 ·
i thinking put forged pistons , but the issue is that y check both websites and they dont have 11:0:1 cr, my last option is the oem pistons over size to 0.25 . what you think about my idea o the oem pistons ??? is good????

#9 ·
a good portion of the time, those companies will make something that's not necessarily mentioned. you can ask chris (k20a2) the site owner, or email one of those companies and ask if they offer what you're looking for. back in my b-series days wiseco was known for offering more than what they listed, though i think they only deal in 2618. like mentioned by these fine fellas, forged isn't necessary. the only person i know of on this board to go through pistons from their heat tolerance is scuffers, who races... i don't mean like going to the drag strip every now and then.

#12 · (Edited)
The Supertechs I'm running are holding up well. I would recomend them.

They show a 11.2:1 version, call Chris at the CRSX store, he'll get them for 'ya. http://www.supertechperformance.com/

Piston part# P4-HK86-P6

#14 ·
what you guys think about the acl bearings, im trying to get the oem , but i dont know what color i have to use ,my engine is relative new , like just 20k miles only , what you guys suggest me????

#15 ·
Have used ACL a lot...

they are great, HOWEVER!

1) you have to spend the time sizing them - this takes hours
2) they are hard as nails (compared to OEM), so they will not tolerate *ANY* contamination, clean room builds are essential

if you don't have the skills/tool/etc to do this, then stick with OEM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.