Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

How to remove Hard Water Spots on car Window GLASS?

12K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  WhiteboyWhiteRSX 
#1 · (Edited)
I searched the thread on car care, and the detailing manual and all i found was how to best PREVENT water spots which doesn't help me at all because they are already there and very nasty (1st car owner was an idiot letting this happen)
i tried the 50-50 water/Vinegar solution and it didn't work so I upped the ante and did 100% Vinegar solution and to my surprise SAME result didn't work for me

also the colgate paste doesn't work too much removes them somewhat but are still there

anyone know what would be effective?
my windows are really riddled with water spot marks and i would like them off
any help is appreciated, thanks. :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Used McGuires clay bar and detailer and didn't work
any other advice?

@ HighRev1 i guess imma have to try this science scrubb.

#4 ·
Any retail stores that carry Glass Sicence Scrubb? or is it online only?

the clay bar really works? cuz i have Mcguires Clay bar and didnt think to use it
thanks let me go try in a bit

#9 ·
haven't tried steel wool seems to me like it will leave hella cob webb scratches and swirls on my glass

so im wondering if the razor blade will do the same?? :confused:

#10 ·
I tried the steel wool this weekend and it isn't 100% effective but i'd say its pretty damn close to 90% effective worked pretty good to me, still some water spots but its a BIG difference off with steel wool and windex/vinegar mixx.

#11 ·
I washed my car at a friends house and they had hard water and I ended up with water spots on my glass as well. I was really surprised that windex and a microfiber towel didnt remove them. I went to the local car wash, one of the places that have the high pressure wand and used the spot free rinse. The low pressure one and I think that soft de ionized water is what took care of them for me. I just hosed the car down, didnt even scrub.

HTH

#12 ·
very lightly scrape it with a box cutter, when I say lightly I mean light like a feather and run over the same line 3-4 times and keep the blade straight, you'll scratch the glass if you slide it left to right. Then use clear coat safe rubbing compound you shouldn't put more than a few pounds of pressure on it. should look brand new.

#22 ·
A while back when I had my truck I scratched my glass using a razor blade. Thats why I said to be very careful because people think you can't scratch glass but think about it this way... A dog pawing at a glass door eventually makes scratch marks in the glass. Just all glass is the same only difference between a glass door and a windshield is the safety vinyl in the windshield. once you scratch glass your fucked and usually it's nearly impossible to repair with resin since the scratch is so small:thumbsdow

#18 ·
I never got this fully taken care of a year ago, the steel wool and windex was enough for me but i will try the blade method said above and report back. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.