Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

need help with front motor mount install

11K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  daje00 
#1 ·
so i found the thread for installing the motor mounts but it doesnt cover the ftont mount.. i have the OE mount off and im trying to get the new innovative mount in and it seems like the new mount is to fat to fit in between the 2 braces.. any ideas on how to get it in between? im in the middle of the install right now.. any help is appreciated. thanks

#3 ·
Hey guys I know this is an old thread but I'm currently Doing the exact same thing, but I can't seem to get all 3 bolts to line up plus the one in the middle..any advice?

G
#4 ·
1.) Loosen the subframe and drop down the front, to give you plenty of clearance.
2.) Grease up both sides of the poly bushing as well as the inner faces of the subframe mount "ears" with some high pressure grease. Not WD-40, actual grease.
3.) Install the mount to the tranny/motor, then use your hydraulic jack to press the subframe back up into place. Once or twice, I have needed to use a prybar to slightly spread the "ears" a bit.

#6 ·
Yes it is needed. There's a big difference without it in terms of engine movement back and forth.

#8 ·
Some of the kits have 4. Plus those are a lot stiffer so the engine doesn't move as much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.