Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

P0141 Code

Tags
code p0141
20K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dc5_dy 
#1 ·
Ok guys heres my problem:

I upgraded to type R header + cat and then my cel was on. I replaced my secondary 02 sensor and the light and code remained the same. Then I got the CRSX angled defouler and the light is still on. The cel code is p0141 and the ECU was reset after installing new o2 sensor.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. This whole thing is driving me crazy.

#6 ·
The code P0141 is also a wiring issue. Did you "pull" the wires when you installed the o2 sensor on to your ITR header? I believe that you have pulled one of your wires out of its place which is why you have a short.

When you reset the code, does the code come right on when you turn on the engine or comes on after 5-10 minutes? If it comes right on, you have a wiring problem

#7 · (Edited)
Yes it comes on almost instantly when I reset the ECU. I had a suspicion thats what it was but I know i didn't pull the wires, I believe it was the mechanic that installed the Type R cat. Also, I think the short is coming from the part where I plug in the O2 sensor. I'm not too sure how to check that.

EDIT: After taking a closer look I believe i found where the short is coming from. There appears to be a loose/exposed wire on the harness side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.