Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

which size exhaust? 06 rsx type-s

22K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  LiVnItUp 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2006 RSX type-s, looking to buy just the muffler and i am wanting to get the Skunk2 Universal Muffler, which size do i get 3.0"/75mm or 2.25"/60mm ? thanks and sorry for the noob question.

#3 ·
2.25 would be consistent with your existing catback size. It will also not be as loud as the 3 inch.

#7 ·
Also, you won't gain that much power even with a full cat-back. For the sake of all of us RSX drivers I hope they don't make that muffler in your size.

#8 ·
:face: a muffler will not change a thing besides the sound really...which will sound like fawt.....aftermarket cat-backs still do not really give the gains you want simply because of the restrictions of the cat....RH (race headers) is what you should be heading for..opens up the flow of exhaust = more power

all in all search the forums you can find out alot about what parts you need and how the perform.

#11 ·
save your money. you will regret just getting a muffler later on

#14 ·
I disagree....70mm isn't really necessary just anything that opens up more than you stock 2.25....60mm plus is fine....some 70 mm and even 65s can attract the wrong attention such as the buddy club exhaust and the skunk2

This post has been deleted
#18 ·
try searching... everyones gotta learn somewhere, and there a ton of info out there on this subject

#19 ·
but truthfully gains on just a muffler will be noise not HP... Buy a good race header and eliminate the catalytic converter.. that will be the biggest gain. The 06 exhaust is a good exhaust and bigger than the 02-04 rsx. But a full catback and race header is a huge gain on the rsx. I have the Gredy Evo II and love it.

Your best bet is to search youtube for rsx exhaust sounds to find the one you like best.

G
#20 ·
This is good advice, TS.

For everyone else whose threads I just dumped, check your PM's. If you don't have anything contructive to answer the question with, then do not post at all. This forum exists to answer questions exactly like this.

#23 ·
I wouldn't jump on the bandwagon and say no gains for 2.25 but if you have an 06 the gains may not be noticable. Exhaust opens up alot more power than many people think, when I pull off just the axleback of my Evo 2 there are very noticable gains and I pull 1-2 cars more against my buddys RSX. Unlikely I know but it happened. That's why I'll be making a 2.5 maybe 3" exhaust pretty soon..

wait, so have an intake+dcrh but im running on stock catback. did i gain any hp at all? and if i get a custom piping for my catback and still use the stock exhaust will my car gain hp or not? :bow:
Of course couldn't you feel it? Don't waste your money on custom piping if you're not going to shell out for mufflers

#22 ·
wait, so have an intake+dcrh but im running on stock catback. did i gain any hp at all? and if i get a custom piping for my catback and still use the stock exhaust will my car gain hp or not? :bow:

#24 ·
well my car does pull like crazy but i didnt think it would since im running stock catback. lol. i should get a catback system to get more power with my i/rh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.