Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

ECU tuning *chat* ask your questions here first

297K views 2K replies 443 participants last post by  Beygan4 
#1 ·
commence.

#76 ·
-Quick Question
i just bought an Injen SRI and an Injen heatshield for my 05 type s. i was warned from some wrx buddies about my car running bad without a tune. i wanted to wait a little while to get the cat back and then tune it.

is it damaging to the engine to run a SRI without a tune, or is it going to run Rich/Lean

Thanks

#77 ·
it will run fine... the wrx is a mass air car, and i'm pretty sure runs a recicular valve. they can do something as small as going to an atmospherical bov and run like shit. a lot of mass air cars act like shitheads due to the mass air, some are pretty good with being adaptive though. the type s is a speed density car (map sensor.)

#81 ·
yea, but I wouldnt advance it that far until you can be sure it will be ok...but you can drive on one.

#90 · (Edited)
great answer...........U got a better tuner? but befor u be an idiot and answer that question, u might wana check out Kenney Tran, he's the one who tuned my car........spent a grand there...........:run: not to say why he tuned it soo low on the topend, but why would he detune it? he knew we were running and 1/8 of a mile track...........i seen on the screen 191 bhp.................then he backed it off to 187.....why?

#107 · (Edited)
FIXED: See here -->http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=668179

--
I just put my ECU back in after getting Hondata #4 reflash. (Good service btw, sent on Fri UPS overnight, arrived to Torrance on Mon and I got it back Tues before noon..)

When I turn the key to II or whatever "run" is (not to "start"), the dash lights up, CEL light comes on (normal) then about 20 seconds it goes off (normal). But after it goes off, it flashes 5 times, then goes off permanently. It also flashes breifly when I start the car, I don't know if that's normal...

Car seems to run ok, haven't really raced it out yet.. idle will take a few cycles to settle down I guess.. but is the flashing thing a concern?

I should add that I did all this with the battery connected. Should I pull the ECU fuse (#6?) to reset it and see what happens?

#109 · (Edited)
I just put my ECU back in after getting Hondata #4 reflash.
When I turn the key to II the dash lights up, CEL light comes on (normal) then about 20 seconds it goes off (normal). But after it goes off, it flashes 5 times, then goes off permanently. It also flashes breifly when I start the car, I don't know if that's normal...
Update: put jumper on OBDII DLC as shown here -> http://www.k-series.com/tech_document.php?id=37

CEL does not flash (no code stored).

Pulled ECU fuse = no change.

Pulled ECU fuse, pulled all 3 wiring harness off ECU, checked for loose wires, all wires look ok. Replaced fuse = no change.

Anyone know what 5 flashes means??

Like I said, car seems to run fine, little worried about the CEL flashing though.

CEL does not flash or come on during driving, even extreme acceleration uphill.

Oh I checked fuel cap too, it's tight...

I also put an intake on recently, don't think it flashed after that though (I drove it a little bit, then pulled the ECU the same day). I did check all the sensor wires (AIT, etc) around the intake that you have to mess with when installing intake, they all seem ok..

#108 ·
Anyone ever have a 05-06' Kpro adapter harness break????

Fucking sucks because Hondata is trying to reem me out for a new one. I would just replace the damn pin myself if I could find a male pin for the harness side to the factory engine harness

Here is the thread I started on the Hondata forums. Please read and post up in the thread.

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9892

Reactions: Agent Smith
#112 ·
ive got a couple issues I updated my K manager and now im getting an error saying that my current calibration is from an older version and i cannot datalog. i have the original tune. I am also getting an error saying that i must switch from on board memory datalogging to...etc, how can i correct these? ive played with the setting but nothing has worked.

#113 · (Edited)
ok so i have read several of the ecu threads and im still left with 1 question about the reflash. So someone said that the reflash was basiclly a mild one size fits all. Someone else said it is tuned for no race header or you run lean for an 05/06.

Now my question is... What exactly is the reflash map supposed to support best? Is it just an addition to an Intake and exhaust or does it support other mods?

#114 ·
CAI, Hondata IMG, Shorty Header, Catback Exhaust. For sure. Though,their has been 2 threads lately where both people had reflash with RH and were fine AFR wise, FYI.

#116 · (Edited)
hondata web site says said:
We have tested short ram, cold air intakes, headers, test pipes and exhausts and have done some preliminary work with ITR cams. The programs have been tested to work well with any intake.
(the ITR cams is a seperate program)

also
VTEC

With the stock airbox the VTEC point needs to be set at 5800 rpm. With intakes the power curve benefits from a lower VTEC point. VTEC switching point is important. Switching at the wrong RPM can cause the engine to drop power for the next 1000-1500 rpm. We have found 5200 rpm a good point for cars with intakes.
So it's pretty important to ditch the stock airbox for the lowered vtec point.

#118 ·
Dear Wes

Why does my kpro manager say danger to the manifoldddddd when I hit vtec in 3rd geaaaaaaaaar!?

#119 ·
because your mechanic kittah don't know nothing about that vtak :run:...

#120 ·
My kittah broke then :( Make lauren fix it nao

#121 ·
i'll send her on her way... she's had a couple drinks though :drink:

:edit: didn't think i'd be lurking did you? :shady:

#122 ·
Well as long as she brings her tons of coupons too it will be cool. Kpro coupons :laughing:

Eh you always do :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.