Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Type R center console

5K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  felixdacat76 
#1 ·
I was on jdmland and ordered the Type R center console with shift boot. I figured it would fit right in but the entire center console is different between an 05 type s and the type r. do i have to order the whole thing or is there a way i can get this to fit?

#8 · (Edited)
Ratio said:
Even with the full console? I was looking and kinda noticed that. I was thinking I could do some serious butchering of my stock console to make it fit but forget that. Can I just take the shift boot out of it now that I fucked myself and bought something I can't sue?
yeah, you can take the shift boot out. i did.

EDIT: heres what my setup looks like:

#11 ·
Jdmtheory.com

#12 ·
What do most ppl do for the Type R shiftboot? Buy the center console peice that has the shiftboot with it for $62 and just take the shiftboot out? I dont think id like an inch gap just chillen there it would bug the hell out of me. RSX4u2nv do u have a pic of urs?

#15 ·
any pics of the full center console? huge diff over usdm?

#17 ·
I knew about that gap and decided I'd stick with my stock console. Got a great deal on a center console piece with the shift boot, so I just took the shift boot out and installed it in my stock console. Easy install, looks great. Thread is here.

#18 ·
Same here. The shift boot with red stitching looks waaay better on my stock console too. I really have no need for the JDM fixed cup holders. I'd rather it not have holders at all. Seems ridiculous for honda to do such a thing in the first place; philisophically speaking, I mean the whole "less is more" thing. Honda always had a "performance over looks" and "form meets function" sorta thing so why would they put cupholders in a sports car/coupe? IMO it's pointless. At least with our domestic models, we can hide it with the really nice lid/tray!

This post has been deleted
#24 ·
Yup, pretty easy mod. The only tricky thing is getting that JDM shift boot to stay up. Different people have done different things. Check my DIY thread if you want one idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.