Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

How much do you think it cost to replace the clutch on a 2005 rsx type-s?

26K views 39 replies 24 participants last post by  05 DCFIVE 
#1 · (Edited)
How much do you think it cost to replace the clutch on a 2005 rsx type-s?

i think my clutch is gone, rpm's shoot right up and my speed doesn't go up.

how much do you think a new clutch cost?

$720 bucks to replace the clutch. got it done at a friends shop, got the clutch from acura brand new then took 2days for the shop to do it. about 5hours i would say one man did it.

#18 ·
How the hell did you burn out your clutch? I've got a '02 with 50k on it, original clutch. I had a grand-am gt before that - I drove to 160k and never had to replace the clutch. (bought it at 50k). Smooth shifts, and rev match - the transmission will thank you.

#21 ·
I have an '05 and had to replace the clutch at about 30,000 miles. To replace both the clutch and the flywheel at the dealership (OEM) cost me right at $1400.

Since it blew while I was on a trip back home over Christmas I had to get it towed to the nearest dealer and fixed there. Otherwise I would have found a lightweight flywheel somewhere for about the same price and got it installed at the local shop here for about half as much - I would recommend doing that.

Reactions: CBodnar
#24 ·
same thing happened to me clutch is slipping like a mofo... im at 19k miles... sister fucked it up... so shes gunna pay for it

dont go to the dealership for this shit...

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/ARSXTRCOEM.html

get that.. or a stage 1 clutch.... installs should be around 300-500 bucks...

#36 ·
04 with 41k miles on the clutch and its starting to slip.....car had 1 previous owner.....now i know what he was doing with it :firemad:
plan is to throw a cc stage 2 should be around 600-800 bucks...going to a family members garage for the installation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.