Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Cost of Clutch Replacement

15K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  therestRSX 
#1 ·
I'm tryin to get a quote for a clutch replacement, and most places are telling me about 600-700 in labor. When I looked on here people were saying it should be more around 300-400 in labor. I live in Seattle, just wondering if anyone knows a place where I can get it done for a good price ?

Is the stage 1 organic exedy a good choice?

#2 ·
if you take it to acura it is about 600-700 in just labor they should finish on the same day so I would say drop it off at 7 or 8 when ever they open, I use the Oem replacement by exedy works perfectly fine. P.S. if acura fucks up you have lifetime warranty on your clutch job they do other cheap place usually won't learn that the hard way....

G
#5 ·
Your first labor price is fair for a professional shop, the second is fair for a shade tree mechanic's install. Both have their pluses and minuses.

As far as the actual clutch, that Exedy unit is fine if your car is basically stock.

#6 ·
I second Eric's post and it's a big job for a guy with a jack and jack stands which woould likely put you in the $300-$400 range. Might not be the best idea to skimp on this job. You want it done right and a lift is going to make that much easier. It's less about installing the parts and more about all of the little details of everything that has to come off and go back on correctly.

#11 ·
I paid 130 for my clutch which is a exedy oem replacement came with pressure plate and bearing and tool, took it to my shop they charged me 200 for labor and 20 to resurface my flywheel. My clutch was replaced at 130k now I'm at 151k no problems. 350 in total not bad compared to the other guy who wanted 800 just for labor told him to somb lol

#15 ·
stock should be fine. most will tell you that a lighter flywheel will help, but it depends on what you use your car for. a lighter flywheel will kill your fuel econemy if you do mostly highway driving. if you do a lot of city driving or accelerating, i wouldnt worry about the econemy aspect, it might actualy improve your econemy.

#19 ·
Im now considering replacing my clutch because under hard accelaration it seems as if the clutch starts to slip. Idk which im going to get though. Do ya know if the K20A3 clutch would work on my Type-S? theres a local selling a new exedy oem one for 125!

Now I have planned a trip out of town and will be driving about 700+ miles. Would ya say its ok to go for it if it seems as if my clutch is going out? I would just be driving normal no hard accelerating or high revving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.