Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

has any1 here ever sold their dc5 for the si?

Tags
any1 dc5 sold
8K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  jb fa 
#1 ·
was just wondering if theres any1 here ever sold or trade in their dc5 for the 06+ si? if so how is your experience? do u think its an upgrade?

#5 ·
i forgot where i saw this but i quote someone
when i had my rsx people always asked "how fast does it go"
then when i got my si people said "how much mpg do u get"
lol..

i went from a base auto rsx to a si sedan 08 which was a big upgrade to me but still i dont like the styling of the si even the new ones look blehhh..i guess i "made" myself like it when i got it..

#11 ·
just sold my o3 rsx s for an 09 civic si coupe. so far i like it other than the rear suspension set up is kinda gay. wish the car was more supported with the aftermarket. i had motor mount inserts in the rsx. they were cheap and made the car drive much smoother in my op. looked for some for my civic and all i can seam to find is full mounts. ooo well. that password powerchamber looks nice though. had one the the rsx and it was nice.

#13 ·
My base rsx was totaled by some old lady last year. I looked for a type-s but couldn't find a local one in good nick. I ended up w/ a 09 FA5. it's looks have grown on me but I still miss the rsx's lines. I really like the standard kit and the way this thing handles tho...that lsd is a nice change

i had motor mount inserts in the rsx. they were cheap and made the car drive much smoother in my op. looked for some for my civic and all i can seam to find is full mounts.
Some people follow that skunk2 tutorial and inject polyurethane into the stock ones...it's crude but kinda works.

#12 ·
Just traded my 02 rsx-s for a 9th gen 2012 si sedan. Big upgrade IMO interior looks nicer than rsx even though the plastic material is the hard plastic. Has navi, Bluetooth etc. 201 hp with 170 torque plus LSD is awesome!!

#14 ·
I had both the 03 type s and an 08 SI coupe. I just love the K's. Lol. But totaled the rsx-s a few years back. Sucks. But now I just have the SI to play with. Lol. Really tho it's not that big of a difference from one to another. Both has it unique style and handling. It's just up to you on what you think it's nice in your eyes.

#16 ·
I had a boosted rsx, burned down, then I got a ek hatch, and now I have a 09 si sedan. Interior is way better. Being four doors is great (well for me I have a 3 year old son). Its got lsd, and a lot of small things, usb port, aux port and ect. One thing that sucks is that it doesnt have a 6 cd changer like the rsx.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.