Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

High INJ

Tags
high inj
1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  K20 power 06 
#1 · (Edited)
HEy guys I've been tuning my a/f the past couple days to avoid running lean and I noticed my INJ sensor is running really high. Not the duty cycle but the INJ. It is running a tad bit over 10 ms at wot during datalogs. Is this normal or should it be lower than that?

Also when tuning the specific rpm rows should I be tuning 1-10 (I'm NA) or can I get away with just tuning the higher columns like 7-10?

Let me know guys I wanna do some datalogs tomorrow with my new exhaust!

#5 ·
It isn't really a "sensor", it is just the ECU reporting how long it keeps the injector open. It is measured in time... what makes you think 10 milliseconds is a long time? Don't worry about it.

You should datalog and see how far off the A/F is every where and then touch up the tune where it needs it. Start with the tune that most closely matches your mods. If you don't have anything too unusual, you shouldn't have to tweak that much. Of course, you need to get on a dyno to really get the timing set right, but it is probably "close enough" if your base tune was pretty close to start with.

#6 ·
I thought the INJ was high because other datalogs I see have it about half that... Like Conrad's tuning page... I know how to check for my a/f and I dnt need a dyno since I'm not tuning for power yet, just trying to get my a/f to run smoother.

I just don't know wether or not tuning the higher columns will suffice as opposed to tuning all columns

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.