Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Oem steering wheel size?

32K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  LowandSlowDC5 
#1 ·
What is the stock size of the oem steering wheel for an 05-06 rsx-s?

Im trying to compare sizes with aftermarket steering wheels. Im looking to get maybe a 330mm one.

#4 ·
My current Momo Team 280mm on top of my old Personal Grinta 330mm:

My old Personal Grinta 330mm in suede:

And how my current Momo Team 280mm looks in the car:

My favorite was the Grinta 330mm in suede. It's a nice decent size for a daily driver and track use. Also, I fell in love with the feel of suede--but sold it because the suede started to show signs of wear at the 8-9 o'clock position from daily driving. I am too impatient to wear gloves everytime I drive the car--but I do have a pair of gloves for track use.

The suede has great feel in daily use though and good grip during track use with or without gloves. I used the Momo Team 280mm for the last track day, and am unsure if I like using my gloves with it or not. I sure miss the suede though.

As for size wise comparison, I'd like to try a 300 or 320mm next. The 330mm was still a little too big for my taste so I'm not sure if a 10mm or a 30mm decrease in size would be the sweet spot. I'm sure happy with the 280mm though.

It'd probably be tough to use in a non-PS setup, which is why the 280mm isn't so popular w/ older Honda drivers. But it's no problem for mine since I have PS.

Adv/disadv? Well the smaller the wheel, the less you have to work to turn the wheel. Imagine driving a bus. Some say there is such a thing as 'too small' and that is the 280mm but honestly, we drive FWD and on the track, you should not be erratic with the wheel anyway. My track videos show me never turning the wheel a full 180 degrees, only maybe 90-120 degrees at most at some U-turns. I think it'd be even more so advantages for a RWD since driving a RWD involves alot of steering input, so the less you'd have to move the wheel. The disadvantage....well a bigger wheel would allow for 'more precise' steering input. I have no complaints in that dept. with my current 280mm wheel. I think if I had a suede 300 or 320mm wheel I'll be set. But I sold my 330mm cuz I needed money and I got my 280mm Momo Team for pretty cheap.

Bored at work, so HTH. Now you can rep me :laughing:

#8 ·
i read that these steering wheels also sit closer to the driver, about 3 inches or so. i have longer legs and short arms, so this would be a perfect solution for me.

#11 ·
#14 ·
i really like the smaller wheel anyway....especially w/ my bucket seat i'd have no room to turn a huge 350 wheel lol.

especially since i like the wheel up close to me....i made a ghetto wheel spacer that pushes it closer by 1" off my works bell reg. size hub.

maybe i should get a deep dish wheel next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.