Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

unbable to choose, a tale of 2 acuras

8K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  chopsticksonly 
#1 ·
I'm currently considering trading in my 2006 Subaru Impreza outback for something with more power and amenities.

I'm torn between two cars. A 2002 Acura TL with 51k miles or a 2003 Acura CL type-s with 118k miles. The CL looks to be dealer maintained and the exterior looks better compared to the TL. Perhaps the CL was garaged? and better taken care of. Both cars are auto.

I was also reading that these cars have had some transmission problems in the past. The last thing I want to do is purchase someone elses nightmare. Just how bad is this transmission issue? The dealer told me that the TL was brought in by the previous owner and a recall was performed on the transmission. Something with the oil cooler return line or some sort.

Would you even consider purchasing a 2003 model Acura with 118k miles?

#3 ·
If I got either one of these cars, I would not have a car payment at all. I like the many newer 06's out on the lot, but I'd be looking at a car payment and higher insurance. I'd even trade my subaru for a used RSX-s, but finding one that hasn't been modded and abused is a bit of a challenge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.