Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Where to purchase '05-'06 DC5 HID Headlights

15K views 54 replies 29 participants last post by  blankitoeg6 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit: I forgot to include "JDM" on the title.

I've searched, searched and searched some more but could not find a specific website to order these headlights. I'm looking to purchase the full JDM (HID) kit, which basically includes everything (all working HID headlight components like ballasts, igniters, bulbs, ballast wire harnesses, lower brackets, screws, signal sockets, etc etc) I need to replace my USDM headlights to the JDM version.

Your help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
where are you finding this item on speedstar-racing? i can't seem to find it. as for retro-solutions, i think those headlights are standard (USDM) RSX headlights that are non-HID's.

#10 ·
#17 ·
BlackOpsDC5 got em from there...not exactly sure what they run, but they take awhile to get and are $$$. I'd check with him. I know they look badass though.

#23 ·
Not sure about cutoff, but the overall quality of the OEM HIDs is second to none. I never regret the day I bought mine. It was one of the nicest things to have on the car.

#24 ·
Yeah the cutoff is much more crisp on the JDM HID lights than just putting a plug and play HID kit in your OEM housings. I did get them from GT Motoring and they run close to $2k if you buy them complete. You could always buy the HID housings alone and put in a US SPEC HID kit off a TSX or TL for less I suppose and the cutoff will be just as good as mine.

#30 ·
05-06 jdm headlights

got mine last month.. its sicker than USDM ones

differences are:
1. NO DOT SAE approved but its finee,, at least its JDM APPROVED :giggity:
2. it has beam adjuster both sides
3. buy it w/ or w/out JDM H.I.D
4. if you're planning to buy a BNIB from stealership,, i strongly suggest why not buy JDMs
5. they say it could blind the people against you,, its fine,, been using this since last month, never encountered any bad reactions from fellow traffics.

#37 ·
That's because they are exactly the same aesthetic wise. The only difference from the US version is how the light pattern is used. The Japanese HID and halogen version both point to the left at on coming traffic. I would stick with the US version seeing you need the light output to point to the right. Unless you're trying to get a "rare" part

#48 ·
not to bring this thread back from being dead for 4 months, but here are my JDM HID setup. Couple things are different.

-It does not have the upper corner parking light as the USDM, but there is a template for you to drill it out and get it to work.

-HID ballasts and ignitors all fits inside the headlight housing, the bottom allows the ballast to mount and seal the bottom hole. There is a cap that goes in the back of the bulb area and does not use the rubber grommet like the USDM ones.

-Electronic Headlight level adjuster, where you can hook it up and adjust your headlight from the inside of the car.

- The bowl and the HID bulb holder is a little different where it does not cause a major glare effect.

-HID bulbs are D2R I believe.

Hope that sheds some light into this subject.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.