Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

rsx vs. 1.8T

Tags
18t rsx
15K views 753 replies 71 participants last post by  AWD s0n 
#1 · (Edited)
people who post on clubrsx while at work thread

So I was just cruizing on the highway last weekend when i see this red 02-05 1.8T entering from the right. His exhaust is screaming as he tries to get up to speed limit. The roads are really shitty and slippery at the moment. As he goes by me he gives it some "additional" throttle clearly trying to get something going. I don't bite right away due to the road conditions but speed up just enough to keep up behind him. Ten minutes down the road the roads have cleared and I pull up beside him in 4th gear knowing this guy might try to dip on me. So as I get next to him I get on it for a second and let off to let him know I want to play. As I'm cruizing next to him his exhaust goes quiet for a second and we both gun it at the same time. It's neck and neck until vtec hits and I get a serious case of whiplash. By the end of 4th hes looking at my rear bumper and I let off. He goes by me and slows down. As hes getting off the highway he taps his brakes a few times as to say "nice race."

#8 · (Edited)
I was going somewhere not just driving around

i am pretty sure you heard your exhaust screaming/buzzing, imo
my exhaust is stock

uhhh you do know theres a such thing as black ice right? it appears anywhere during the cold. im from cali and i know this... youre lucky you didnt spin out. btw a type-s vs a 1.8t is an obvious outcome unless you cant drive for jack...
yes, I know this. This was a modded gti who knows what he could have had.

#4 ·
So I was just cruizing on the highway last weekend when i see this red 02-05 1.8T entering from the right. His exhaust is screaming as he tries to get up to speed limit. The roads are really shitty and slippery at the moment. As he goes by me he gives it some "additional" throttle clearly trying to get something going. I don't bite right away due to the road conditions but speed up just enough to keep up behind him. Ten minutes down the road the roads have cleared and I pull up beside him in 4th gear knowing this guy might try to dip on me. So as I get next to him I get on it for a second and let off to let him know I want to play. As I'm cruizing next to him his exhaust goes quiet for a second and we both gun it at the same time. It's neck and neck until vtec hits and I get a serious case of whiplash. By the end of 4th hes looking at my rear bumper and I let off. He goes by me and slows down. As hes getting off the highway he taps his brakes a few times as to say "nice race."
i am pretty sure you heard your exhaust screaming/buzzing, imo

#5 ·
I was unaware there was sign language when racing

#6 ·
uhhh you do know theres a such thing as black ice right? it appears anywhere during the cold. im from cali and i know this... youre lucky you didnt spin out. btw a type-s vs a 1.8t is an obvious outcome unless you cant drive for jack...

#63 ·
Not really

I mean there is only a 10hp difference and not a huge weight difference. Plus, gti's handle wayyy better than the rsx imo

So I would peg this "race" to be really close/even depending on the drivers, but neither would really pull from the other

just my 2 cents

#7 ·
:rotfl:

#13 ·
free

#14 ·
#19 ·

#26 · (Edited)
Nice.

#28 ·
1.8T(Passat,Jetta, or GTI?) What do you have done to your TypeS? A tbe, CAI, or pulleys on a 1.8T won't really do anything. If the 1.8T was a Jetta or Passat and an early MKIV you were racing something with 150hp at the crank plus if it was a Jetta or Passat you were racing something that had 150hp and a bit heavier than you. Oh well just understand that if you were racing a chipped 1.8T GTI that starts out with 180hp chipped however would have been an even race. Good race. More detail about what kind of 1.8T you raced.

#35 ·
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

this made my day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.