Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

How do people live with themselves after spending so much money on their cars???

4K views 71 replies 55 participants last post by  Vtech on Deck 
#1 ·
So I just got a $2,000 bonus and I was going to buy some stuff for my car but there are just so many other things that are a better investment of my money that I'd rather do like.. buy the rest of the blinds for my house, buy curtains, buy all kinds of other stuff for my house like tile and what not...

I would love to drop $5,000 and get a turbo and all that good stuff installed but its just so hard to let go of $5,000 for that and you know the more money you put into a car the more problems you start having!

I see these people like completely gutting their RSX's and redoing EVERYTHING from top to bottom and I just don't understand it.. are they in debt up to their eyeballs?
My car is completely paid off and I have 0 debt except for my mortgages and I still cannot pull myself to do it even though it would be so awesome to pull up to a couple vettes and blow them away in a 4 cylinder lol

How do you do it? Close your eyes and hand over your credit card?

#5 ·
It's the thing women do when they buy $3000 purses and $200 shoes to wear with one outfit :dontknow:
Also, SOME of the people that have that much invested in their cars have had help from their parents.

i hear you though, since i got my own place i am thinking of spending money differently too. i would buy a new TV or washer/ dryer rather than a turbo. the stuff around the house are necessary but the car stuff is not. once you get a girl back to your place and they have to sit on a milk crate, you aint gettin any action no matter how nice your rims are. i wish i had the money to 'mod' my appartment and my car, but it doesn't always work out that way. just be happy with what you have and don't worry about "keeping up with the Jones'".

#7 ·
It's the thing women do when they buy $3000 purses and $200 shoes to wear with one outfit :dontknow:
Also, SOME of the people that have that much invested in their cars have had help from their parents.

i hear you though, since i got my own place i am thinking of spending money differently too. i would buy a new TV or washer/ dryer rather than a turbo. the stuff around the house are necessary but the car stuff is not. once you get a girl back to your place and they have to sit on a milk crate, you aint gettin any action no matter how nice your rims are. i wish i had the money to 'mod' my appartment and my car, but it doesn't always work out that way. just be happy with what you have and don't worry about "keeping up with the Jones'".
:rotfl:

#6 ·
i understand what youre saying but some people think that the rsx is worth spending that much money on,i dont.i love the rsx alot but im on the same page with you.my rsx is paid off too and i wont spend any money on it because i always overthink it and dont spend it because i just think that i will just buy a faster car for the money spent on mods.i dont care what other people do with their money tho but ive noticed that some people that do it either didnt pay for the car or they are paying for all the mods with credit cards..ive been guilty of spending all my paychecks in the past when i was younger with my gsr and si tho.i think the better money management comes with age and maturity.i spent more money when i was making min wage in high school then what i do now after i finished school and got a real job.I will admit that its funny to see a 7k car with like 15k in mods ,it may impress alot of people but i just see the money spent and depreciating,but on the other hand i understand the passion for modding a car that you love

#8 ·
lol same here, I over analyze whatever I want to buy and end up never buying it haha
like right now I want the yellow fog lights with hid's and the red honda emblems but I can't bring myself to buy that stuff hehe
Instead I am off to Lowe's to buy crap for my house

Another big thing is unless I put a turbo on an RSX or something dramatic, someone who spent 15k on a stock vette is still gonna blow me out of the water.

#11 ·
I know what you mean, but its all about the given individuals lifestyle and goals. I for one rarely buy any parts new, I just lurk long enough until I can find a deal. Anyone that has any sense knows they're not going to see the money back that they put into their cars, but theres worse things to blow money on, the way I justify my car spending is I just think about the people I know that have probably spent well over 10,000 on weed and cigarettes since they were 15, then dropping a couple hundred on the car here and there doesn't seem that bad.

#17 ·
priorities come first, house, bills, food, etc

like he said, my car is a hobby. Its a project that takes years to complete, thats the fun part of it, watching it come together into something unique that u created.

#26 ·
So I just got a $2,000 bonus and I was going to buy some stuff for my car but there are just so many other things that are a better investment of my money that I'd rather do like.. buy the rest of the blinds for my house, buy curtains, buy all kinds of other stuff for my house like tile and what not...

I would love to drop $5,000 and get a turbo and all that good stuff installed but its just so hard to let go of $5,000 for that and you know the more money you put into a car the more problems you start having!

I see these people like completely gutting their RSX's and redoing EVERYTHING from top to bottom and I just don't understand it.. are they in debt up to their eyeballs?
My car is completely paid off and I have 0 debt except for my mortgages and I still cannot pull myself to do it even though it would be so awesome to pull up to a couple vettes and blow them away in a 4 cylinder lol

How do you do it? Close your eyes and hand over your credit card?
:ugh: Mortgages - as in plural - or was that a typo?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.