Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Dry Ice - Removes dents

12K views 81 replies 71 participants last post by  AVAcura834 
#1 ·
I did this on my car the other day, I had a small dent, the size of a nickel on the rear quarter panel.

I used to dry ice on it and the dent is no longer there :)

The way to do it:

Use a heat gun on the section that has a dent, get it really hot.

Once it's really hot, put the dry ice on it and hold it for 5-6 mins.
You will hear the dent pop out when you're holding the dry ice. Regardless let 5-6 mins go by in total.
DO NOT press too hard. (if you have to hold it)

Use gloves, DO NOT touch the dry ice with your bare hands.

After 5-6 mins has gone by, remove the dry ice, put the heat gun to it again for 1-2 mins.

And the dent is gone.

The whole point of using dry ice is so the paint won't flake nor will it leave any marks, so you'll never be able to tell there was a dent there in the first place.

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#55 · (Edited)
no it doesn't. or at least it didn't work on the beater I bought. Bought this POS beater and used 2 methods to try and get big and small dents out of it. Used the computer Dustaway method and the dry ice method neither which worked. It was a beater so I didn't care if I messed it up more than it already was.

up's to the TS if he actually got this shit to work because it hasn't worked for me or any of my friends that tried it as well.

This post has been deleted
#16 ·
damnit, i wish i knew about this last week when i actually had some dry ice on hand. ah well, gonna have to get more and try this.

imaginary +rep fo yoo:beerchug:

#22 ·
do you need to warm it up with a hairdryer even on small dents. i have 2 small dents from egg corns falling out of trees and hidding my hood and fender.

#23 ·
Cool trick, but I have a question. In the video that someone posted, it said to do it in warm weather, but right now its in the middle of winter where I live but I also really want to get this dent out. Do you think this will work now? or should I wait till it gets warmer outside.

#24 ·
cool beans

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.