Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Buddy Club Coilovers Rebuild Help

23K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Luddy13 
#1 ·
I have been trying since before the New Year to contact Buddy Club USA and am fully convinced that i would have rather bought two sets of raceland coilovers than to have to deal with this bullshit from BC. I have tried the number posted on their website and emailed who i thought i was supposed to email to get a rebuild set up. I would really appreciate if anyone has dealt with Buddyclub to get their coils rebuilt and how in the hell did they achieve it?

#2 ·
buddy club is like 20min away from me. I used to call them all the time for parts, ect. If I remember correctly, buddy club does not rebuild coilovers. If you need new shocks, they sell them for $250 each front and $200 each rears. They will also sell you individual parts that you may need.

#4 ·
i got the same exact problem with my N+ coilovers. i tried calling them/ emailing them constantly about a loud crinklong/popping sound and they tel me that the bushings for the top mounts in the front are bar. i havent even had the freakin things for 6 months so how could they be bad?? the problem isnt the top mount, is the center bolt that connects the shock body to the op hat. theres a rubber bushing that sits between the nut and the top hat so wheneven you turn the wheel that bolt will move which causes that sound and the only way to fix the issue is if they put a camber plate in so that bolt wont be able to move. also the powder coating on the springs is complete garbage. so im thinking of either raceland coilovers or skunk2 Pro C??

#5 · (Edited)
I had a damper seize up on me about a year ago. I emailed them at (info@buddyclub.us) and received a response from Albert (albert@aaimotorsports.com), who I'm pretty sure does all the rebuilding there. After emailing back and forth they told me to give them a call (909-923-9188). We spoke for a while about the problem I was experiencing and he told me to ship them my damper for inspection. After which they would rebuild it and send it back.

I have never had any problems reaching them and they are usually pretty good about returning emails (within a week). Since my racing spec dampers were still under warranty at the time (less than 500 miles on them) all the work was done free of charge, so I can't comment on prices.

Hopefully this helps.

#15 ·
I had a similar problem... My fix was tighten the shit out of te perches using a breaker bar and I haven't had a problem since with the front shock assembly moving when turning... Idk if you are having the same problem, but give it a try it might be that simple

Glad I'm getting FF2 put on this week

#17 ·
i tried the exact same fix lol except i used a big 3 foot long pipe on the end of spanner wrench. i think its the top center bushing where the shock gets bolted to the top hat cause thats where all the movement and sound seem to be coming from. so i bought a set of open ended "pass through" socket wrenches from craftsman and used that to tighten the nut and held the shock still with a allen wrench. seems to be settling down on noise but im just wondering how long will this work

#20 ·
Yeah I had the same noise. Got em tightened at sears for free right after I bought the car which was like a week ágo. Pulled on it from 2nd gear about twice. Now the noise is coming back... Either they didn't tighten them enough or....... Front shocks are done? And again what should I tighten?

#23 ·
depending on where you live it can be related to temperature changes. cause i know where i live if i tighten the center bolt on like a 60degree day then it drops to 40 then next, itll make that sound.

#27 ·
bringing this thread back from the dead!

me and a friend were putting on skunk 2 lowering springs on his hfp civic 4dr si

i notice that his oem hfp springs came with a rubber garmont to slip on the top springs (where top hat meets spring) basiclly a thick rubber cushion for it

i figured id order this part and try and see if it fix the problem im having on my buddy club coilovers. since they squeak every time i turn and i think that the problem is that the bull shit rubber under the bc top hats go very easily

hopfully i found the solution to this. makes my car sound not safe :(

#28 ·
The problem with the buddy clubs is that on the top hat theres a black rubber bushing thst holds the shock still. That piece wearsout ridiculously fast which causes the shock to move n cause that " gut wrenching" sound.. if your coilovers are less than a year old bc will send u replacement bushings free if older than a year the bushing is like 10 bucks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.