Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

need help fixing loose front bumper

40K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  tom1286 
#1 · (Edited)
So the left side of my front bumper is loose since the part where one of the screws go in is broken, if that makes sense ha. I'm not sure how to explain this but here are some pics so you can see for yourself.

I was wondering if there was an easy way to fix this. In the last pic you can tell where it is broken.

I was thinking about using a washer and just supergluing it on but I'm afraid if I do the bumper wouldn't be able to fit back into the space allotted? Think it would work?

Maybe something like this..

See less See more
#7 ·
same thing happend to mine. and your pics look almost identical to how mine looked (except on the passenger side) but same hole broken and everything. I just got a screw and made a new hole next to the broken piece while my girlfriend pushed and held it in place and i jammed that thing back where it belonged.

#12 ·
No way super glue will hold. You need some JB Weld for that. The better solution would be to drill a hole through the bumper and fender and put a screw with 2 washers and a nut to hold it in place. You might want to use some loctite to make sure it doesn't come loose.

#10 ·
i just bent that black plastic clip that grip those those slit-looking things so that it holds my bumper better. i don't know if you know what i mean, but if you take off the bumper or bend it back a little, you'll see a black plastic piece. i bent it up a little so that it holds the bumper more.

#15 ·
and i thought i was the only one with that problem, i pushed mine back in and its been over year and it hasn't come out but it bothers me cause i know its there

#21 ·
i tried the washer trick... it didnt work. the um.. "clamp like thing" thats in that black plastic piece by the fender wont clear even the thinnest washer. ghey.

i did try to also just super glue the washer to the bumper, but yah.. it didnt work out. as far as the zipties go, well, i havent had a chance to like make new holes like one suggested on here, but in theory it may work. im gonna give that a try.

i hate this problem with our front bumpers...

This post has been deleted
#29 ·
this happens to me, fixed ,driving for 1 year and no problem . old thread but hope this help you guys, take a small screw driver look under your fender where front side came off there should be a small screw nail take that screw out. go to auto zone or ace with the screw you taken out show them wat you need and go put in new screw nail . cause of front side coming off is either the screw nail bad or the thing were the screw goes in is bad .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.