Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

P0134 Error Code

14K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  TheSilverBullet 
#1 ·
This past two weeks I have been getting the error code 'P0134 O2 Sensor CKT No Activite Bank1 Sensor1', every other day. I have stock exhaust, stock cat, greddy turbo kit, and the KPro. In the K-Manager software I do not have the CHECK on Disable P0134. What do you think is causing this CEL to come ON? :questionm

#3 ·
hotwheelz said:
I don't know but i got it many times too, i shut the car off and turned it on again and was fine.
YEA, me too. But this week that hasn't worked. That is why I am try to solve it. I had to clear it with a sanner or the with the software.

#5 ·
i had the exact same problem after i installed all my shit. the wierd part is, when i was running just the dcrh and caspers o2 sim, i had never seen a p0134 code. the second i got hondata itr flash and my cams and other shit put in, the lil bastard light came on.

i cleared it, and like you said, it kept on coming back every other day, so i kept having it cleared by my mechanic. after three times clearing it, it came on again, and this time i was like fuck it....i didnt wanna mess with it. then all of a sudden it turned itself off. that was 4 days ago and counting.....im keeping my fingers crossed and hope it dont come back on.

#6 ·
ive had the same problem. are any of you running with OBDII disabled? All I did was turn off the PO134 02 sensor response. I havent gotten the CEL since...the wierd thing is that I was getting the same code but a diff. explenation on the KPRO...I got the error 02 Heater Sensor Error or some shit.

#7 ·
I get the P1166 code which is primary o2 heater circuit problem...it keeps coming on and off. Will come on for the first 10 or so miles and go away...come on later in the day and go away the next... ? It seems after the computer runs the O2 monitor the 2nd time around it turns off the check engine light. My front o2 also has no readings when the P1166 code is on, but will give readings again once the check eng light goes away.

I've also gotten P0134 once, but I reset my ECU and it hasn't come on since; that was like two months ago. My dash is like a freak'n blinking christmas tree with all the damn lights going on and off :D

#8 ·
DavidT said:
I get the P1166 code which is primary o2 heater circuit problem...it keeps coming on and off. Will come on for the first 10 or so miles and go away...come on later in the day and go away the next... ? It seems after the computer runs the O2 monitor the 2nd time around it turns off the check engine light. My front o2 also has no readings when the P1166 code is on, but will give readings again once the check eng light goes away.

I've also gotten P0134 once, but I reset my ECU and it hasn't come on since; that was like two months ago. My dash is like a freak'n blinking christmas tree with all the damn lights going on and off :D
you have the kpro? if so just disble PO134. after i disabled it, i havent had a problem with the primary02 sensor heater circuit error comming back. BTW what are your mods?

#9 ·
doreamon_snatch said:
ive had the same problem. are any of you running with OBDII disabled? All I did was turn off the PO134 02 sensor response. I havent gotten the CEL since...the wierd thing is that I was getting the same code but a diff. explenation on the KPRO...I got the error 02 Heater Sensor Error or some shit.
I have the OBDII disabled, but not the P0134. But I don't understand cause, right now I have the stock cat and exhaust. :questionm

#10 ·
I think it has something to do with OBDII for some reason b/c I only started getting the P0134 error after I disabled OBDII. I simply just disabled the error on the KPRO.

#11 ·
doreamon_snatch said:
I think it has something to do with OBDII for some reason b/c I only started getting the P0134 error after I disabled OBDII. I simply just disabled the error on the KPRO.

If you dis-able OBDII functions, you will have to disable the po134 O2S heater response in k-pro. This stops the ECU from running a sensor check on both O2S'. You will notice that when the P0134 DTC pops up, the primary o2S will stop responding completly.

To stop this check process the ECU is running, you must disable po134 as stated above. You will not see this DTC pop up again.

CJ

#12 ·
teamxrsx said:
If you dis-able OBDII functions, you will have to disable the po134 O2S heater response in k-pro. This stops the ECU from running a sensor check on both O2S'. You will notice that when the P0134 DTC pops up, the primary o2S will stop responding completly.

To stop this check process the ECU is running, you must disable po134 as stated above. You will not see this DTC pop up again.

CJ
Thats what I figured but just didnt know for sure. Thanks :thumbsup:

#13 ·
doreamon_snatch said:
Thats what I figured but just didnt know for sure. Thanks :thumbsup:

NP :D

CJ

#14 ·
P0134 is a problem with the 1st sensor not responding. here's what I posted in your H-T thread

P0134 is
Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) No Activity Detected
or
Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Signal Stuck Lean
service manual basically says to check the connection/wiring and reset the ECU. if the code keeps coming back, replace the A/F sensor.

#15 ·
rsxmachine said:
P0134 is a problem with the 1st sensor not responding. here's what I posted in your H-T thread

P0134 is
Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) No Activity Detected
or
Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Signal Stuck Lean
service manual basically says to check the connection/wiring and reset the ECU. if the code keeps coming back, replace the A/F sensor.

Correct, but when you disable OBDII functions in the k-pro(which is a modified stock ECU), this problem points to a set of checks a balances the ECU carries out to check if both sensors are working. When OBDII functions are disabled, the ECU will see this and realize the secondary O2S is not working(because you manually disabled it), at this time it will throw the P0134 DTC. The primary O2S stops dead in it's tracks as well.

This does not mean you need a new 02S(in the this case, using the k-pro with OBDII functions disabled). This means that the "disable P0134" function is not enabled and the ECU is still running the 02S checks. To solve this simple problem, you must enable the "disable P0134" function to keep the ECU from running the O2S checks. Your primary 02S will not stop responding from this point forward and there will be no more P0134 DTC's because this ECU test will no longer run. If your primary 02S does stop responding no matter what you do, then check wiring and/or replace 02S as needed.

#16 ·
teamxrsx said:
Correct, but when you disable OBDII functions in the k-pro(which is a modified stock ECU), this problem points to a set of checks a balances the ECU carries out to check if both sensors are working. When OBDII functions are disabled, the ECU will see this and realize the secondary O2S is not working(because you manually disabled it), at this time it will throw the P0134 DTC. The primary O2S stops dead in it's tracks as well.

This does not mean you need a new 02S(in the this case, using the k-pro with OBDII functions disabled). This means that the "disable P0134" function is not enabled and the ECU is still running the 02S checks. To solve this simple problem, you must enable the "disable P0134" function to keep the ECU from running the O2S checks. Your primary 02S will not stop responding from this point forward and there will be no more P0134 DTC's because this ECU test will no longer run. If your primary 02S does stop responding no matter what you do, then check wiring and/or replace 02S as needed.

So if I would uncheck the OBDII, then I shouldn't have anymore problems, right. When I put in my test pipe with 3in exhuast then I should disable the OBDII and P0134, right.

#17 ·
ares650 said:
So if I would uncheck the OBDII, then I shouldn't have anymore problems, right. When I put in my test pipe with 3in exhuast then I should disable the OBDII and P0134, right.

Correct......if you have OBDII functions still enabled, none of this matters. But, if you disable OBDII functions, disable P0134 as well.

CJ

#18 ·
teamxrsx said:
Correct......if you have OBDII functions still enabled, none of this matters. But, if you disable OBDII functions, disable P0134 as well.

CJ
Cool, Thanks everyone. I will try this

#20 ·
ares650 said:
yup, I think that solved the issue...two days and going :thumbsup:

Great! Nice and simple. :thumbsup:

#22 ·
well, i can attest that this worked for many of our k-pro friends, including me.

Like i said before, "If your primary 02S does stop responding no matter what you do, then check wiring and/or replace 02S as needed." This may be a situation where the O2S is actually bad, or a loose connection. Check wiring, reset ECU and if it keeps happening, even with P0134 disabled, take it to a acura tech and have them look at it and/or replace the O2S. This would be my take on the situation.

Check those things and let us know what you come up with.

CJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.