Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Subie Thread Part Tres: Still Winning

103K views 1K replies 69 participants last post by  Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust 
#1 ·
Evo's are welcome as well....

#3 ·
EWG is the answer..lol

how dangerous is 20psi anyway?

would running the stock catback make boost creep better or worse? I would think worse because there is less room for the wastegate exhaust to get out.

on the other hand if you aren't getting as much exhaust flow maybe it won't creep up as fast to start with
Bottlenecking the system might help, but isn't he running the stock catback?

#6 ·
my little vf46 shouldn't be seeing over 18 often lol. The guy said that based on all the ecu parameters set and over multiple logs I've sent to him that it is still overboosting, it had to be something mechanical. It confirmed what I had thought all along because even when the car was bone stock, the car was spiking over 16 psi and the ecu was dialing it back to acceptable levels and then building boost again.

#22 ·
Grimmspeed BCS seems to have solved my issues. Didn't even have to retune for the thing because my tuner already had my wgdc so damn low because it was previously overboosting to high hell. No its a rock solid 16 PSI and holds it longer as well. Now just have to put the finishing touches on the tune after installing my wideband.

#24 ·
It's hard to say... Is there some sort of distinguishing mark on the pill itself? I removed the pill after the GS was installed and it looked fine, no obstructions in the hole. I can't see how I would be able to tell the difference between .9mm and 1.1mm lmao.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.