Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

how do i get a radio code

Tags
code radio
39K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  STUPID_YOUTUBE 
#1 ·
i just bought a stock radio for the rsx and i need the radio code ..how will i be able to get this ? dealer?... the person i bought it from i deleted his pms .. stupid me i forgot to ask him ...

#2 ·
I think its safe to say dealer

#6 ·
i lost my code and i was able to give the service dept at the local acura delarship my serial # on the radio and they gave me the code

#8 · (Edited)
if u purchased the car new....you can retrieve it from the dealer you bought the car at.....ID, and registrations required

if you purchased the car used at an Acura dealer they may have it on file

If you purchased the car used at a non acura dealer, they prob wont have it on file but might

Finally, whether you purchased it wherever, you can pull out the radio, retrive the serial code off the back, and bring it to a dealer, and after verifying it is indeed your car, they will get the code for you

On a very rare occasion the code will be written on the back of the radio, this is not done at dealers....so dont plan on it

Its only easy, if u actually own the car and radio, dealers are supposed to require registration/title/proof of ownership

#11 ·
you can get it at almost every acura dealership...

i found mine underneath the cover to my engine fusebox

and inside on the left side of my glovebox

but just go to acura and give them your vin... they'll tell you to do something to the unit and they will give you your code

i got sick of this so i just put in a new HU

#13 ·
I don't know if this works, but it works for most Honda's..

Hold 1 + 6 while your key is turned to the ON position.. it'll beep and the serial number should show up ont he screen.. Works for 02+ Accords, 01+ Civics, and CRV's.. never tried on the RSX..

But if your radio isn't installed on the car yet.. you can give the dealer the serial number and they can get you the code..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.