Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Subie Thread Part Tres: Still Winning

103K views 1K replies 69 participants last post by  Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust 
#1 ·
Evo's are welcome as well....

#41 ·
I've gotten 27 on the foz before driving super conservatively in the city for half tank and then doing no more than 65 on a road trip for the rest of the tank. Also was driving on a flat freeway no major hills or anything.

Its possible, definitely not common. For the most part I get 19-21 all city and varying driving styles. Stopped giving a shit about economy a while ago because lets face it: these cars arent gas savers, they're fun cars. (I'm on a 20g and 1000cc injectors fwiw)

#66 ·
Well, obviously I don't mean going WOT through the entire tank, I would get like 3mpg if that were the case. I mean that I get around 21 if I don't actually pay attention to trying to save gas and drive slowwww w/ mixed wot passes etc.

This tank of gas I'm trying to see what I'll average being fully aware of what sort of driving im doing... I've been using the MPG gauge on the legacy and it's doing wonders honestly. The difference between 27 mpg and 17 is literally a miniscule amount throttle...

#63 ·
for those not on atc

my pitch stop review. me loves it. it did way more for the shifter feel than any of those bushing pos's

"alright, i'd like to submit my review of the torque solutions pitch stop. others are welcome to testdrive my car. i chose this one after reading several threads/reviews on which to get for minimal NVH. install was straightforward, lots of rubber, snug fit. starting the car, the sound is increased as if the hood is open, but idle is normal, no increased sound or vibration. shifting is smoother/less affected by engine load etc. a slight increase in that 1st and 2nd gear "whine", but i notice less vibration "mostly through the gearbox/shiftknob"at all times. leaving a redlight feels different, but it could be from the gearbox not moving around. i'm very pleased w/ the purchase at 65 shipped (through their ebay store/best offer)"

#65 ·
hard engine mounts on subarus are the gayest thing since rainbow colored dildos. I can't imagine how any sane person would want them on their car. tuned an 07 wrx with them on, I couldnt' stop laughing at how terrible the car felt/sounded from all the noise/vibration/retardation:rotfl:

kid removed them after a week and threw them in the trash.

you have to remember that our engines lay on top of the subframe, so it makes a much bigger impact than on an rsx

#68 ·
They are nice. I've installed em for people and they were always impressed with the pedal feel improvement.

Also it seems like I average 19-22 pretty much no matter what:eek:
I tried super slow driving, averaged 19-22, I tried getting into boost frequently, still 19-22. If I redlined all the time it would probably drop a good bit, but for the most part the car is super consistent despite different driving styles.

Oh this is all city too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.