Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Door Removal + Door Actuator Replacement. . .

166K views 364 replies 187 participants last post by  e-d. 
#1 · (Edited)
THIS IS MORE FOR THOSE FIRST TIMERS MESSING WITH THE RSX DOORS. . .

You would think is self explanatory, but i did not know what was involved with the door removal and replacing of the door actuator. . . I would say the removal of the door panel is about a 1 out of 10, the door actuator is a 5.

Driver Door Actuator part #72155-S5P-A11 $ it ranges from $25 to 64, depending on dealership. (Passenger Door Actuator is #72115-S6A-J01)

First off. . The large arrows shows the sequence i went in. . The circles are the screws that needed to be removed.

Above: Remove panel behind the handle. Use a small screw driver to unclip it. Lift on the little tab and it should pop right out.
Above: Unclip the power to the door locks
Below: Be careful with these plastic clips (purple clip) to remove the rods
Below: Unplug the power windows clip.

DOOR PANEL SHOULD BE FREE!
For the Actuator. . .Continue. .
Above: Pop off the gasket holding the plastic in place
Below: Again, be careful with the removal of the plastic clips when removing the two rods, a gold one and a smaller silver one.
Below: Unscrew the three screws at the side of the door.

Remove black plug to release the shroud around the door lock.
Boom. . there is the actuator.
Remove one black screw from the metal plate. Replace actuator. .
Repeat procedure backwards. .
Good Luck! :thumbsup:

See less See more
#3 ·
No prob. . i just did it this morning. .
it is not that bad. . Those plastic clips were the biggest pain. . i want to say it took about an hour and 1/2 to do. . . and that was cause i started to put it all together. .and forgot about the little black screw for the actuator. . i had to take it all apart again. . If you are experienced with taking things apart. .this should be a breeze. .

#4 ·
I cant figure out how to get the door panel free from where it connects to the handle.....I see that you unscrewed 3 screws from behind the handle but how do you get to them? thanks

#16 ·
:rotfl:...

I just had my first experience removing my doors and it was actually kinda frustrating. I just started transferring my audio equipment into the RSX. (I just bought it yesterday.)

After tugging and wrestling with it for oh, an hour and a half or so (I wish I had seen this guide EARLIER! :firemad:) I got it hanging by one harness only to realize that I'd have to drill my own holes to fit in my Infiniti 6.25's... I don't have a power drill here at the house so needless to say I was pissed off.

I am without front speakers at the moment until I can secure a drill. At least I got my knees muddy and taught myself something tonight.

Anyways... nice writeup!

#19 ·
Thanks for the write up I just did this yesterday and it helped a lot. One thing to add though is you have to remove one bolt that holds the window frame thingy. I couldn't get the acuator out unless I removed that bolt so I could move the frame out of the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.