Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

MX-5 vs S2000

Tags
mx5 s2000
45K views 225 replies 60 participants last post by  SolidTypeSexy 
#1 ·
Thinking of getting one of the other. I like the miata, but worried about rust and it just being old. Has any of the s2000 owners had the miata cross their mine when looking for a track car?

#195 ·
S2000 kills the Miata, I'm sorry but the Miata looks girly. The S2000 still looks like an awesome sportscar and turns heads. 3 of my friend have S2ks and they are AWESOME, if it wasn't for daily driving I would have ditched my RSX for an S2k. By the way that yellow one is a BEAST!!

#213 ·
haha I took mines out to AutoX just yesterday and had a blast!! I was keeping up with s2000 and some mustang GT's. There were a lot more other cars I was keeping up or beating their times, but there was just a large group of cars. I chose the Miata because it gets less attention from theft, cheaper parts, cheap car in general makes you not give a fuck how you drive it in autox(drive it like you stole it), and a lot of other reasons. But I really would love to have an S2000. They are really built well from the get go.

#221 ·
Both great cars - I test drove both when I was looking for a roadster. Decided on the s2k as it was a much better compromise for dd and I liked that it at least had some power in stock form.

Miata would make for a fun auto-x, race only car. Just couldn't envision driving it everyday, felt like a deathtrap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.