Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Recurring Clutch Hydraulic Problems

783 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bcbruno 
#1 ·
Parts: CC Stage 1.5 Clutch, CC 8lb Flywheel, OmniPower CMC

Hey guys,

I replaced my clutch awhile back with that listed above. Shortly after, my cmc went bad and i replaced it with the civic one and bought a new slave while i was at it. This lasted a little while until the same issues came back and i couldn't shift. This time i figured I'd get the OmniPower cmc to solve the problem and not deal with this again.

I guess I was wrong...about two weeks ago, I got the OmniPower cmc replaced through warranty, and I replaced the slave again too. The car worked fine for the most part, and today it is getting softer again as before.

It's amazing to me how the same exact problem can be recurring like this. I don't drive stupid, and I don't race around, because I can't afford the rapairs like this.

Anyone have any advice on what to do? I'm looking at contacting OmniPower once again for a replacement as this one is beginning to fail. It's funny how this car was the car I dreamed of having as a kid, and now that I have one, it's just one problem after the other.

TIA

B

See less See more
#2 ·
Yep, 11 days after replacing it, it appears the cmc is broken again. Hard to tell exactly if the cmc is the one leaking, but the system is gone again. Any ideas guys? I feel like a Stage 1.5 shouldn't give this many problems. Anyone had this problem over and over like me?

#3 ·
yea man i had the same problems same clutch and everything, stock one broke then got the omnipower one but ive replaced it like 3 times and its the cmc that always leaked now i have a civic one and its holding for now

#4 ·
I switched clutches (away from Competition Clutch) and all of my CMC issues have gone away. No more squeaking, not more busted seals...

The CC pressure plate just seems to be really harsh on these pieces.

#5 ·
Yeah I was talking to someone last night about it. He has a Hyundai Genesis. When he put a CC clutch on his car he had the same problems. From what he was telling me is that basically, the pressure plate doesn't have as much space to throw as the stock clutch. Once the pressure plate is all the way engaged, then the lines keep building pressure, and then blow the seals in the CMC. Also, aftermarket pressure plates have heavier pressure plates too. Makes sense I guess, but it just makes me pretty mad that I have to take the clutch back out again and buy a new one to fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.