Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Whats the fastest 1/4 mile time, period?

24K views 39 replies 33 participants last post by  Yojih123 
#1 ·
So whats the fastest a human body has moved a quarter of a mile at the track?

I dont care if its the pro drag cars or hell jet cars, whatever!

Whats the world record time for an automobile to run?

#2 ·
I saw some drag cars running 4.44's @ 300 something last night... It's amazing those guys don't have brain trauma.

#12 ·
Information taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_racing

The fastest top fuelers can attain terminal speeds of over 330 mph (530 km/h) while covering the quarter mile (402 m) distance in roughly 4.45 seconds. It is often related that Top Fuel dragsters are the fastest accelerating vehicles on Earth; quicker even than the space shuttle launch vehicle or catapult-assisted jet fighter (however this ignores the hydrogen peroxide rocket dragsters such as Kitty O'Neil's 3.22 ET and 412 MPH quarter mile world records set in 1977). In fact, if you take a vehicle traveling at a steady 200 mph (322 km/h) as it is crossing the start line, a top fuel dragster starting from a dead stop at the same moment will beat it to the finish line one quarter of a mile (402 m) away. Additionally, through the use of large multiple braking parachutes, the astounding performance of 0 to 330 mph (531 km/h) and then back to 0 in 20 seconds can be obtained. Deceleration of up to five G can be attained, enough to cause separated retinae in TF drivers.

Pretty insame stuff if you ask me.

#14 ·
If you ever get a chance to see Top Fuel dragsters run go see it. Its the most amazing thing to see those things. Its one of the loudest things I've ever heard. You can feel all your internal organs vibrating against each other and thats being 100 yards away from it in the stands, theres no way to describe the feeling you get inside, literally.

#15 ·
05RSXer said:
If you ever get a chance to see Top Fuel dragsters run go see it. Its the most amazing thing to see those things. Its one of the loudest things I've ever heard. You can feel all your internal organs vibrating against each other and thats being 100 yards away from it in the stands, theres no way to describe the feeling you get inside, literally.
Yeah, that doesn't sound that fast.:spin:

#17 ·
05RSXer said:
eh, i bet a wrx can beat it.

remember? wrx's cant lose to anything? :thumbsup:

#20 ·
RedK20Si said:
That aint shit, im doing this swap http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/ in my si as soon a motor mount kit is avaible then i will be running 2 second qt miles.

hahahhaahahhahahah :rotfl:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Funniest thing I've heard all day

#21 ·
RedK20Si said:
That aint shit, im doing this swap http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/ in my si as soon a motor mount kit is avaible then i will be running 2 second qt miles.
But can it rev to 8300 RPMS? NOOOO didn't think so, lol. Maximum horspower and torque at 102 rpms damn.

#23 ·
soccerman002 said:
Kitty O'Neil's 3.22 ET and 412 MPH quarter mile world records set in 1977).
Yea that was run over in the UK. The guy only drove the car 2 times. He almost killed himself both times ran off the end of the track. I got to meet him several years ago at one of the Nostalgia Races here in NJ. Crazy guy. .

05RSXer said:
Yea it shakes your entire chest. I work on a lower end top alcohol funny car and its just a blast. Standing at the starting line with 3000 hp five fee infront of you. The supercharger just wants to make you ear drums explode

#26 · (Edited)
Kitty O'Neil's 3.22 ET and 412 MPH quarter mile world records set in 1977

Cpt.Planet said:
Yea that was run over in the UK. The guy only drove the car 2 times. He almost killed himself both times ran off the end of the track. I got to meet him several years ago at one of the Nostalgia Races here in NJ. Crazy guy. .
Are you trying to sound like you know what your talking about when you dont have a f**king clue or what?

Kitty O'Neil was a WOMEN for one, not some block you say you met.
That car and others like it were used numerous times, to set records in everythig from the 1/8 mile through to the 1km races.
And it was NOT in the UK.
http://www.the-rocketman.com/kitty.html << to verify this for yourself.

Cpt.Planet said:
Yea it shakes your entire chest. I work on a lower end top alcohol funny car and its just a blast. Standing at the starting line with 3000 hp five fee infront of you. The supercharger just wants to make you ear drums explode
wow must be a nice lower end car to be putting out that sort of horsepower :p

Moto of this story, Check your facts next time before you run off at the mouth trying to soud cool, and keep your bulls**t to yourself.

Have a nice day and please come again.

(edited for grammatical errors)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.