How much does rebuilt title effect price? - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > General RSX Discussion
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #26
Troof.
JWOWWWW

Troof. is loved by everyone on c-rsx
Troof. is loved by everyone on c-rsxTroof. is loved by everyone on c-rsxTroof. is loved by everyone on c-rsxTroof. is loved by everyone on c-rsx
so how much do you think the s2k is worth? kbb says 14Gs in good condition, that doesn't factor in the title

SNRC
2008 Magnetic Black 350Z
| Injen Dual Intakes| HKS Single Exhaust| | Tanabe Springs |

G.O.A.T. Status Crew BigTittieCommittee #4 ()()
Troof. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2006, 02:20 PM   #27
o-MiDwEStDC5-o
K20A RSX Sold, new IS300

o-MiDwEStDC5-o is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Id offer $11-12... are you paying cash or financing? If your financing ask your bank...

K20A RSX SOLD
Lexus IS300 Purchased

Last edited by o-MiDwEStDC5-o; 11-21-2006 at 02:30 PM.
o-MiDwEStDC5-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:29 PM   #28
rsxscrazy
Master Member

rsxscrazy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
what year is the s2k
rsxscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:49 PM   #29
sdiddy
Lost

sdiddy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsxscrazy View Post
I will park my rsx beside any of your cars, and you would not be able to tell. And do you think any Actual business is going to put a non reliable car on the road to get sued. The Car dealers hell they wont give you but 75% what your car is worth if you just bought it and turned around and took it back. Loans yes they do not give you the whole amount of the NADA book but hell if you are buying a rebuilt title car don't expect to pay the NADA book so how can you bring that into this? People will always have experences NEW, USED, and REBUILT and it is only your opinion on which way you would like to go.
The original question was "How much does rebuilt title effect price?"
I gave 2 relevant example addressing that question head on.

BOTTOM LINE: A car is worth what you are willing to pay for it.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #30
o-MiDwEStDC5-o
K20A RSX Sold, new IS300

o-MiDwEStDC5-o is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiddy View Post
The original question was "How much does rebuilt title effect price?"
I gave 2 relevant example addressing that question head on.

BOTTOM LINE: A car is worth what you are willing to pay for it.
Agreed.

But sometimes people get way too scared of a rebuilt title...

My buddy bought a 2002 Lexus IS300 with 26000 miles for $18000 because of a rebuilt title... and it was rebuilt by a Lexus dealership...

K20A RSX SOLD
Lexus IS300 Purchased
o-MiDwEStDC5-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #31
rsxscrazy
Master Member

I have been backing up that it is ok to buy a rebuilt car. Nothing wrong with that not so much the price yes it does effect the price and like sdiddy stated it does come down to what you will give for a car. NO do not pay the KBB price but it will not be tremindously far away from that amount.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:07 PM   #32
civic_redline
Bar'd

civic_redline is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
yeah stay away from salvaged cars, sure you dont know what happend to used cars but at least you know it wasnt wrecked before then fixed.
civic_redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #33
Dubs03RSX
Master Member

Dubs03RSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Look my family has been in the car buisness for ever... rebuilt cars always go at auctions b/c dealers dont want to deal with them most of time. But they sometimes do b/c if they have rebuilt titles already. The only real issue is actually GETTING THEM rebuilt.~!~!~!~ The only thing I can say though is if you buy a rebuilt car it is generally gunna be with you for the long haul b/c people are sooo scared of that word rebuilt!
89 VW Fox wagon
Dubs03RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:27 AM   #34
Troof.
JWOWWWW

Troof. is loved by everyone on c-rsxTroof. is loved by everyone on c-rsxTroof. is loved by everyone on c-rsxTroof. is loved by everyone on c-rsx
here is the thread
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=434238

SNRC
2008 Magnetic Black 350Z

Old 11-22-2006, 08:15 PM   #35
rsxscrazy
Master Member

A used car can be wrecked and not have a rebuilt title. i have wrecked and gotten cars back still having clean titles. That is not the total argument. I mean alot of cars have been fixed due to a bump fender bender. getting keyed. tons of shit come into play. Basically you are gettin a new paint job and new parts if it has been built recently. If you are buying a car not in this topic and the first one to buy it after a rebuilt title has been issued (IN MY STATE) the owner= seller must show pictures and declare what all was done to the car.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #36
rsxscrazy
Master Member

2000 honda s2000, 87K, i went to the bottom and took the quiz with the description of the car and all that was wrong including salvage title and damage but less than 3,000$ IT was in fair condition 12,000$ under a private party sale. with the description was it just salvage do to the airbags and top being cut? but withthe extras younwill need to add a little your call on how much.

Last edited by rsxscrazy; 11-22-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #37
sdiddy
Lost

sdiddy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
In most states, a vehicle with a salvage title means that an insurance company declared the vehicle a total loss, and paid the insured for the loss of their vehicle, not the damage. As far as I know, most insurance companies will declare a damaged vehicle a total loss if the cost of repairs is greater than ~60% of the actual cash value (what a dealer will pay for it).
So if you have a car that's only worth $500, and it get's keyed down the side (probably $300+ to fix properly), that car would most likely be considered a total loss, and thus get a salvage title. (if you accepted the insurance claim) That example is extreme, but I'm sure you get the point.
If you have a S2000 thats worth $14000 to a dealer, and it gets $9000 worth of damage, it may be considered a total loss, and thus get a salvage title. If someone just rear ended a S2000, and ruined the trunk lid, both rear fenders, tail lights, muffler, etc, I would assume that it would cost more than $9000 to buy genuine replacement parts + installation + paint. In this case, it's a good chance that this S2000 would be considered a total loss by the insurance company, thus receiving a salvage title. However, in this example, it's unlikely that the drivability of the car would be affected, and buying this vehicle would not be bad at all.
Also, body shops are businesses, as I'm sure you are all aware, and they do not make any money if an insurance company declares a vehicle a total loss. So they will try to send the insurance company a low ball price quote so that they can earn the approval (and money) from the insurance company to go ahead and fix the vehicle. If they do fix it, this car will still have a clean title.
So, a salvage title does not automatically mean that a particular car is junk, because a car with a clean title could have the same problems / history.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:55 PM   #38
rsxscrazy
Master Member

^^^^Nicely Stated^^^^
Old 11-23-2006, 12:39 AM   #39
Troof.
JWOWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsxscrazy View Post
2000 honda s2000, 87K, i went to the bottom and took the quiz with the description of the car and all that was wrong including salvage title and damage but less than 3,000$ IT was in fair condition 12,000$ under a private party sale. with the description was it just salvage do to the airbags and top being cut? but withthe extras younwill need to add a little your call on how much.
this reply confuses because i can't understand what you're trying to say

SNRC
2008 Magnetic Black 350Z

Old 11-23-2006, 01:29 AM   #40
rsxscrazy
Master Member

ok sorry I can understand. I went to KBB.com and type in the info and a private party sale. then at the bottom you can actually take the price quiz thing and type all the info about that car in. and it give you a price mine came to $12K$ that was with a salvage title and also damage to the fender but under 3000$. the car in hand is prob worth a little more than 12K with all the extras but I would try to actually get the car for somethiing around that. my question was do you know if the only reason it has a salvage title was due to the cut top and stolen airbags.