what forged piston to use in my setup???? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Supercharging
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
ditorsx

what forged piston to use in my setup????

I'm trying to find forged pistons that are in the same factory compression (11:0:1), anyone know where I get one??? or what piston setup do you recommend for mi case? my engine is a k20z1 @ 11 psi , if somebody have a part number will be good.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the top
Agent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the top
look into 4032 pistons, unless you plan on putting nitrous on it and going for gt35 turbo type power levels. the 4032 piston has a higher silicon content and will not expand and contract as much as 2618 pistons. much friendlier on your bottom end. it's still a forged piston and plenty strong enough to hold up to anything (within reason) the m62 can throw at it.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://forums.clubrsx.com/signaturepics/sigpic47170_1.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
ditorsx

86.5mm will be my new size
Old 10-15-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
2010 admin

I agree with Wes on that. 4032 is where you want to be. I believe both Mahle and Supertech use that alloy. Also, OEM pistons are fine for your application as long as the car is well tuned.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
ditorsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesessiah View Post
look into 4032 pistons, unless you plan on putting nitrous on it and going for gt35 turbo type power levels. the 4032 piston has a higher silicon content and will not expand and contract as much as 2618 pistons. much friendlier on your bottom end. it's still a forged piston and plenty strong enough to hold up to anything (within reason) the m62 can throw at it.
you know where i can find pistons with that alloy in 86.5mm and 11:0:1?????
Old 10-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #6
ditorsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik loza View Post
I agree with Wes on that. 4032 is where you want to be. I believe both Mahle and Supertech use that alloy. Also, OEM pistons are fine for your application as long as the car is well tuned.
i thinking put forged pistons , but the issue is that y check both websites and they dont have 11:0:1 cr, my last option is the oem pistons over size to 0.25 . what you think about my idea o the oem pistons ??? is good????
Old 10-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #7
XqiZit
K24 > K20

11 psi needing forged pistons? I could understand wanting to replace the rods to something beefier. Are you replacing rods AND pistons and researching some piston info? That would make sense, and i would also recommend a 4032 alloy.
XqiZit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
ditorsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by XqiZit View Post
11 psi needing forged pistons? I could understand wanting to replace the rods to something beefier. Are you replacing rods AND pistons and researching some piston info? That would make sense, and i would also recommend a 4032 alloy.
theres no problem if i want to continue using the stock pistons???? how many psi the stock piston can handle???
Old 10-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #9
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the top
Agent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the top
a good portion of the time, those companies will make something that's not necessarily mentioned. you can ask chris (k20a2) the site owner, or email one of those companies and ask if they offer what you're looking for. back in my b-series days wiseco was known for offering more than what they listed, though i think they only deal in 2618. like mentioned by these fine fellas, forged isn't necessary. the only person i know of on this board to go through pistons from their heat tolerance is scuffers, who races... i don't mean like going to the drag strip every now and then.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://forums.clubrsx.com/signaturepics/sigpic47170_1.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #10
ditorsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesessiah View Post
a good portion of the time, those companies will make something that's not necessarily mentioned. you can ask chris (k20a2) the site owner, or email one of those companies and ask if they offer what you're looking for. back in my b-series days wiseco was known for offering more than what they listed, though i think they only deal in 2618. like mentioned by these fine fellas, forged isn't necessary. the only person i know of on this board to go through pistons from their heat tolerance is scuffers, who races... i don't mean like going to the drag strip every now and then.
thanks for your help guys ,
Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #11
XqiZit
K24 > K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditorsx View Post
theres no problem if i want to continue using the stock pistons???? how many psi the stock piston can handle???
the weak point on your motor is the rods, scuffers talked about how they werent as tough as the a2 rods. With a good tune you wont have much to worry about with 11 psi.
XqiZit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #12
sharper
Alky fed rat.

The Supertechs I'm running are holding up well. I would recomend them.

They show a 11.2:1 version, call Chris at the CRSX store, he'll get them for 'ya. http://www.supertechperformance.com/

Piston part# P4-HK86-P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik loza View Post
You don't learn to swim by asking everyone else how the water is. You gotta' jump the fuck in.

Last edited by sharper; 10-16-2009 at 09:10 AM.
sharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #13
ditorsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharper View Post
The Supertechs I'm running are holding up well. I would recomend them.

They show a 11.2:1 version, call Chris at the CRSX store, he'll get them for 'ya. http://www.supertechperformance.com/

Piston part# P4-HK86-P6
thanks sharper , i will check those
Old 10-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #14
ditorsx

what you guys think about the acl bearings, im trying to get the oem , but i dont know what color i have to use ,my engine is relative new , like just 20k miles only , what you guys suggest me????
Old 10-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #15
Scuffers
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditorsx View Post
what you guys think about the acl bearings, im trying to get the oem , but i dont know what color i have to use ,my engine is relative new , like just 20k miles only , what you guys suggest me????
Have used ACL a lot...

they are great, HOWEVER!

1) you have to spend the time sizing them - this takes hours
2) they are hard as nails (compared to OEM), so they will not tolerate *ANY* contamination, clean room builds are essential

if you don't have the skills/tool/etc to do this, then stick with OEM.
Scuffers is offline   Reply With Quote