Can Kpro set the "readiness code" for inspections - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > ECU Tuning
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #51
2010 admin

Why did the car fail?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #52
Raaz

Raaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Well physically the CATs are not there, but the system said "READY" and then in Jersey Engine Misfire "UNSUPPORTED" and Fuel System " UNSUPPORTED" So most people just said go set the readiness and then don't turn off the car and let someone you "know" run the test for the car.
Raaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #53
2010 admin

I am confused. Did they flunk you visually, for the race header, or just based on the code?
Old 05-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #54
Raaz

Raaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRaaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
All based on code, so I'm wondering if the readiness will just fix that problem. Cause the guy seemed cool he said look man, if you get my computer all Readinses scores some how, you pass.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #55
2010 admin

Sure, just set readiness then and see how it goes.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #56
Raaz

If I set the readiness will it give me a confirmation on the settings or anything like that in the kpro manager?
Old 05-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #57
2010 admin

No, it just accepts the settings. Only the OBDII scanner will confirm anything.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #58
Raaz

yeah I failed again, not sure what to do, I guess I need to find a shop that will pass my car. FML
Old 05-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #59
DJCarbine
dolan pls

DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though
Do you have the printout from the emissions shop?

You should show completed next to catalyst, evap, o2, o2 heater... as long as none of them say fail, I don't see why you wouldn't pass. Hell, most states let you have up to 2 monitors not ready and will still pass you depending on the year of the car.

Misfire/Fuel/Comp should be supported though....

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #60
NinetySixYenko
The CRSX Philosopher

NinetySixYenko has disabled reputation
you should be able to make them n/a also, meaning the obd2 test wont check any of them, because the ECU is telling the inspection station there is nothing to check, my buddy does this with his evo when i inspect it for him.

00 S2000
07 Civic SI
02 Dodge Ram
05 RSX-S
NinetySixYenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #61
NinetySixYenko
The CRSX Philosopher

NinetySixYenko has disabled reputation
as long as there isn't anymore than 1 INC(incomplete, not ready) it will pass.

00 S2000
07 Civic SI
02 Dodge Ram
05 RSX-S
NinetySixYenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #62
Raaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetySixYenko View Post
you should be able to make them n/a also, meaning the obd2 test wont check any of them, because the ECU is telling the inspection station there is nothing to check, my buddy does this with his evo when i inspect it for him.
Is there any tutorial on that? I mean I was also informed that clearing DTC codes then setting readiness will also help the process but not 100% Guaranteed.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #63
bwsteg
Master Member

bwsteg is on a distinguished road
Since you don't have any CEL's, I don't think clearing the DTC codes will do anything.

BMW E92 335i 6MT - PURCHASED 6/8/2011 - SOLD
OEM Mtech Front and Rear | m3 Side Skirts | M-Sport Shift Knob | Continental DWS | BMS DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust | ER CP/Tial BOV | Zeckhausen Racing Modified CDV
bwsteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #64
Raaz

Screw Jersey I'm moving outta this state lmao.