If you left the service (before retirement), why did you leave? - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OFF TOPIC > Off Topic Forums > Military
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-04-2012, 02:33 AM   #51
Smash0687
hooyaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
Im punching at 10, the military is broke as fuck the system is broke, the president is a dbag, DADT,

1:1 dwell, do more with less, and its one gigantic daycare

we are 3000 officers overmanned so I doubt my OTS package will get picked up

My current job also pays 6 figures on the outside. Its a no brainer. 90 grand to re up is nice but deploy for 6 mos cast or cst for a month before leaves u 5 mos at home of those 5 mos you have r&r and some leave, there is 4 mos. then whatever bullshit training that is left to do gives you 2-3 mos of actual job then rolling out again

The AF is uberfucked and senior leadership is fucked

I made E-6 in 6 yrs in the service that is the hardest to make rank and I feel like a failure anyhow

I may palace chase after 10. but it will take more then 100k to have me re up again.

Its either punch at 10 yrs or fuckmyself in the ass repeatedly for the next 10 for a pension
your a fawkin sissy holy shit 90k?? and in the chair force damn you guys get the weekends off in Afghanistan wtf
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #52
Krytdrgn
8/30/2014...it starts

Krytdrgn is a name not to mess with
Krytdrgn is a name not to mess withKrytdrgn is a name not to mess with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heronbone View Post
that sucks man, what happened? I know it wasn't from getting whooped in FF. lol
Took a bullet to the ol' dome piece. My alternative was non-deployable combat support. No and no on those options.

UGA Alum 2008
C-West-Mugen-Type R-Vis-Spoon-DC Sports-Injen-Avid-Sparco-AEM-Hondata-Enkei-Volk-Twin Screw
The Prem Society
Krytdrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #53
Heronbone
Official Bitch Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytdrgn View Post
Took a bullet to the ol' dome piece. My alternative was non-deployable combat support. No and no on those options.
that sucks man, glad you're ok though. They trying for 100% medical retirement? That sure would be nice.
K-PRO*GReddy Kit*650cc's*T1R Power63 Exhaust*T1R Test Pipe*RBC*Spoon 70MM TB*UR Racing Pulleys*Hondata IMG*Ingalls Engine Damper*Greddy Front Strut Tower*Skunk2 Lowering Springs*Sparco Grip Pedals*Comptech Short Shifter*"Squash" air freshner
T1R CREW!
Heronbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:01 AM   #54
rick1024
Eat Liberals

Quote:
im going through a medboard right now, waiting on my findings. if you need any info or advice let me know
FUCK YOUR OFFSET
rick1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #55
F-BOM
Banned

because im making more now off just unemployment and my g.i. bill than i did as an E4. hell i make more off unemployment alone.
F-BOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:37 AM   #56
!<3honda
Master of Abortions

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BOM View Post
because im making more now off just unemployment and my g.i. bill than i did as an E4. hell i make more off unemployment alone.
How much you getting? when i got out i got 746 every 2 weeks! when i was going to school, i was getting 1300 every month from my gi bill.
!<3honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:04 AM   #57
F-BOM
Banned

lets just say im making more than that

my disability claim is still being reviewed as well
Old 01-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #58
traviswsparks

thats why you get outta the army or marines and join the Air force or Air guard...where they actually care about you. Ive been in for 5yrs and its too good and easy not to stay in for 15 more

403whp/ 386lb/ft 11psi 6265 turbo
traviswsparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #59
Krytdrgn
8/30/2014...it starts

Quote:
that sucks man, glad you're ok though. They trying for 100% medical retirement? That sure would be nice.
Everyone projects 90%+. Most everyone thinks it will be 100%... to the say the least I am not what I once was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick1024 View Post
im going through a medboard right now, waiting on my findings. if you need any info or advice let me know
Thanks. I don't care in the least about any percentages, retirement or any of that stuff. I just want out so I can move the hell out of Clarksville. And good luck on your process.

UGA Alum 2008
C-West-Mugen-Type R-Vis-Spoon-DC Sports-Injen-Avid-Sparco-AEM-Hondata-Enkei-Volk-Twin Screw
The Prem Society
Old 01-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #60
!<3honda
Master of Abortions

Quote:
lets just say im making more than that

my disability claim is still being reviewed as well
Hmmm...things have changed since i was in then! its funny i should have got disability but they wanted to pass off my condition as personality disorder and say it was a "Pre existing" condition! Its funny They fuck me over and they say it was my fault and something from my past and whats more funny is if i was so fucked from shit in my past how in the fuck did i even make it in??? ahh gotta love the military for always using there brain!
!<3honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #61
liL_Vicious559
>bitches will b bitches<

Quote:
Yeah but in the end..If you stay AD20 in the long run, retirement doesn't run out like unemployment does. I can see you're using your G.I bill, so getting a degree isn't bad either.
liL_Vicious559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #62
F-BOM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liL_Vicious559 View Post
Yeah but in the end..If you stay AD20 in the long run, retirement doesn't run out like unemployment does. I can see you're using your G.I bill, so getting a degree isn't bad either.
that brings me back to this point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbomb View Post
Oh Lord where do I start....

Basically you can only insult and berate a grown man willing to put his ass on the line for so long before he realizes he can do better and deserves better. It was a constant ordeal since you join and until you got your final orders regardless of how many honorable years you put in. It actually gets the worse the closer you are to getting out. The ones stuck in that hell treat you like shit for getting out and can't even say a nice thing let a lone a thank you for your service. Instead they ramp it up as though it's going to make you change you mind and suffer in that shit pile with them.

The retention rate in the Marine Corps is horrid and rightfully so.

Also, far too many close calls. Can't keep rolling those dice and making it out forever.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #63
AmericanParadox
Banned

Quote:
Everyone projects 90%+. Most everyone thinks it will be 100%... to the say the least I am not what I once was.

Thanks. I don't care in the least about any percentages, retirement or any of that stuff. I just want out so I can move the hell out of Clarksville. And good luck on your process.
100% takes a lot. Not saying that being shot in the dome isn't...I'm just saying that it isn't always preferable in every case, depending on what you want to do now that you know you're getting sep'd. A close friend of mine who lost his foot back in '05 was rated at 90%. Sure the 100% is a huge jump in disability compensation, but it bars your from a lot of work opportunities. At 90%, you're not dealing with the same thing, or so I've been told.

Quote:
that brings me back to this point:

The guy has never served. Don't expect him to understand anything.
AmericanParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #64
rick1024
Eat Liberals

i have never heard of anyone getting more than 75% from the army. never, and no one in the peblos office has either. the v.a. might get you there, but the army sure as hell wont
FUCK YOUR OFFSET
Old 01-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #65
AmericanParadox
Banned

Quote:
i have never heard of anyone getting more than 75% from the army. never, and no one in the peblos office has either. the v.a. might get you there, but the army sure as hell wont
Whatever the Army adjuster or TAP/TAMP evaluator tells you doesn't mean anything. The only people who matter as far as telling you what your disability claim rating is, is the VA. With that being said, for those of you sep'ing without a med board, start on your shit early. I've been waiting for my claim to come back for a year now. It's been sitting on someone's desk waiting to be "rated" since late August. But it took 8 months to get there. Fuck.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #66
Krytdrgn
8/30/2014...it starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanParadox View Post
100% takes a lot. Not saying that being shot in the dome isn't...I'm just saying that it isn't always preferable in every case, depending on what you want to do now that you know you're getting sep'd. A close friend of mine who lost his foot back in '05 was rated at 90%. Sure the 100% is a huge jump in disability compensation, but it bars your from a lot of work opportunities. At 90%, you're not dealing with the same thing, or so I've been told.

The guy has never served. Don't expect him to understand anything.
Well, hang out with some men who have really been wounded. Losing a foot is a below knee amputation and rates far less than more serious combat injuries. Even in comparison to an above knee loss. Or men who have lost 2, 3 or 4 limbs.

And as far as I go, I am blind in one eye. I have lost movement in like 1/3 of my face, which is less noticeable than you would think. I can hardly work out in comparison to before. I lost over 20 IQ points and physically I cannot even close to regain my previous fitness levels. I run a mile or two and my heart rate goes from like 55 to 220+. Regardless of what they rate me, I doubt it will deal with my job opportunities from civilians. And I'm headed to grad school next fall either way.

Quote:
The Army doesn't really rate you. The process is the same throughout branches on the medical eval board. And I have no idea where you are... but put in a call up at Bethesda/Walter Reed and ask a few men or Peblo's there. Or maybe down to the amputation area in Texas. Just because the standard base has the worthless bullshit we want to get rid of at a unit should dictate its overall incompetence.

Quote:
Whatever the Army adjuster or TAP/TAMP evaluator tells you doesn't mean anything. The only people who matter as far as telling you what your disability claim rating is, is the VA. With that being said, for those of you sep'ing without a med board, start on your shit early. I've been waiting for my claim to come back for a year now. It's been sitting on someone's desk waiting to be "rated" since late August. But it took 8 months to get there. Fuck.
It does take forever. I waited from April (completion of rehab) to start mine and it still isn't sent out. And I never miss any deadlines.

UGA Alum 2008
The Prem Society
Old 01-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #67
AmericanParadox
Banned

Quote:
Well, hang out with some men who have really been wounded. Losing a foot is a below knee amputation and rates far less than more serious combat injuries. Even in comparison to an above knee loss. Or men who have lost 2, 3 or 4 limbs.

And as far as I go, I am blind in one eye. I have lost movement in like 1/3 of my face, which is less noticeable than you would think. I can hardly work out in comparison to before. I lost over 20 IQ points and physically I cannot even close to regain my previous fitness levels. I run a mile or two and my heart rate goes from like 55 to 220+. Regardless of what they rate me, I doubt it will deal with my job opportunities from civilians. And I'm headed to grad school next fall either way.

The Army doesn't really rate you. The process is the same throughout branches on the medical eval board. And I have no idea where you are... but put in a call up at Bethesda/Walter Reed and ask a few men or Peblo's there. Or maybe down to the amputation area in Texas. Just because the standard base has the worthless bullshit we want to get rid of at a unit should dictate its overall incompetence.

It does take forever. I waited from April (completion of rehab) to start mine and it still isn't sent out. And I never miss any deadlines.
Brotha, I'm not trying to take away from you or anyone else who's "really been wounded". I was just pointing out the same thing that, yes, double and triple amputees are more in line of what I was talking about when it comes to be rated at fully 100% disability. People who literally can't run a mile at all. Or lift anything. But I would argue that he has, in fact, "really been wounded", just not as seriously as others. He doesn't need to be a triple amputee to fall into that category. Regardless, the fact that you're blind in one eye and have lost tremendous amounts of physical capabilities, so you may rate that much. And by the by, on his overall rating, he was rated at 50% only for the foot alone, to put things into perspective.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #68
Krytdrgn
8/30/2014...it starts

Quote:
Brotha, I'm not trying to take away from you or anyone else who's "really been wounded". I was just pointing out the same thing that, yes, double and triple amputees are more in line of what I was talking about when it comes to be rated at fully 100% disability. People who literally can't run a mile at all. Or lift anything. But I would argue that he has, in fact, "really been wounded", just not as seriously as others. He doesn't need to be a triple amputee to fall into that category. Regardless, the fact that you're blind in one eye and have lost tremendous amounts of physical capabilities, so you may rate that much. And by the by, on his overall rating, he was rated at 50% only for the foot alone, to put things into perspective.
Right. And I'm not saying he wasn't really wounded-just that the normal post's wounded Soldiers is not a great comparison to most larger establishments. Establishments they tried to force me to stay at. Losing a foot is truly a rough way to end up.

But on the whole, I am far better off now than I was before. But regardless, it comes down to a comparison of who you were and now who you are. I'd trade a foot for my injury in an instant. I know men who could run sub-13 on the 2miler wit one foot. It isn't always a fair system but it will continue to be what it is unless someone with a real sense of right changes it.

UGA Alum 2008
The Prem Society
Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #69
Heronbone
Official Bitch Slapper

Quote:
that really sucks to hear man and I hope you have a full of a recovery as you can possibly get. But I do have one question... are you sure you didn't lose those 20 IQ points because of all the idiots on CRSX? lol
K-PRO*GReddy Kit*650cc's*T1R Power63 Exhaust*T1R Test Pipe*RBC*Spoon 70MM TB*UR Racing Pulleys*Hondata IMG*Ingalls Engine Damper*Greddy Front Strut Tower*Skunk2 Lowering Springs*Sparco Grip Pedals*Comptech Short Shifter*"Squash" air freshner
T1R CREW!
Heronbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #70
Krytdrgn
8/30/2014...it starts

Quote:
that really sucks to hear man and I hope you have a full of a recovery as you can possibly get. But I do have one question... are you sure you didn't lose those 20 IQ points because of all the idiots on CRSX? lol
Haha, CRSX will drive anyone crazy. And I hope I do recover as well as possible but some things are sacrificed in service. I appreciate everyone's empathy but mostly just focus on getting healed up.

UGA Alum 2008
The Prem Society
Old 01-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #71
rick1024
Eat Liberals

Quote:
mine was supposed to have gone through last october, but due to an error my nurse case manager made it didnt go through till march. im not mad at her, she was just trying to make sure i was taken care of and it backfired. no big deal, im glad now. things had an opportunity to get better because of that. my packet went up in october of this year, and i have been waiting since. everyone who sent their stuff up a week before me already got theirs back, so any day now.
FUCK YOUR OFFSET