Where to purchase '05-'06 DC5 HID Headlights - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE > JDM Only
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #26
Anointed_DC5
Anointed

Anointed_DC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5ITR329 View Post
actually the cutoff will be the same as yours. Because the housing is important in making the cutoff clean.
Thats what I was saying
My picture thread
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=778134
Anointed_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #27
flipside
Master Member

flipside is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOpsDC5 View Post
Yeah the cutoff is much more crisp on the JDM HID lights than just putting a plug and play HID kit in your OEM housings. I did get them from GT Motoring and they run close to $2k if you buy them complete. You could always buy the HID housings alone and put in a US SPEC HID kit off a TSX or TL for less I suppose and the cutoff will be just as good as mine.
whoa 2k!?!? nvm... ill just have to deal with a plug and play hid kit damn ballers lol

Instagram: rmilan

Last edited by flipside; 03-07-2008 at 05:10 PM.
flipside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #28
suvi64
JDM_SUVI

suvi64 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Thumbs up

Thats a nice car
suvi64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #29
0DC53

0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Does anyone got a picture of the 05-06 jdm headlights? I wonna see whats the difference btw the usdm one and the jdm one..
0DC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #30
troubleshooter
Master Member

troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
05-06 jdm headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0DC53 View Post
Does anyone got a picture of the 05-06 jdm headlights? I wonna see whats the difference btw the usdm one and the jdm one..

got mine last month.. its sicker than USDM ones

differences are:
1. NO DOT SAE approved but its finee,, at least its JDM APPROVED
2. it has beam adjuster both sides
3. buy it w/ or w/out JDM H.I.D
4. if you're planning to buy a BNIB from stealership,, i strongly suggest why not buy JDMs
5. they say it could blind the people against you,, its fine,, been using this since last month, never encountered any bad reactions from fellow traffics.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #31
George Type-S
Banned

George Type-S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by troubleshooter View Post
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k.../Photo0412.jpg

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k.../Photo0408.jpg

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k.../Photo0409.jpg

differences are:
4. if you're planning to buy a BNIB from stealership,, i strongly suggest why not buy JDMs
5. they say it could blind the people against you,, its fine,, been using this since last month, never encountered any bad reactions from fellow traffics.
The way you took the photos, it shows absolutely no difference... you should at least show a picture of the H.I.D. ballast built on to it, if yours has it.

On another note, where did you get them if they are H.I.D. equipped and for how much? (if you're willing to share that information)
George Type-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #32
troubleshooter
Master Member

troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtroubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Type-S View Post
The way you took the photos, it shows absolutely no difference... you should at least show a picture of the H.I.D. ballast built on to it, if yours has it.

On another note, where did you get them if they are H.I.D. equipped and for how much? (if you're willing to share that information)
its you again, wasting time,yeah its a JDM ,,, bought it from boomplustoys last Oct.. these pics were taken using a crappy camphone. unfortunately I didnt take a picture of the back,, but as far as I can remember it has like an adjuster on the back. Il take a pic if i have time, these are the same pic i took last time you commented
Old 02-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #33
George Type-S
Banned

George Type-S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
its you again, wasting time,yeah its a JDM ,,, bought it from boomplustoys last Oct.. these pics were taken using a crappy camphone. unfortunately I didnt take a picture of the back,, but as far as I can remember it has like an adjuster on the back. Il take a pic if i have time, these are the same pic i took last time you commented
I know it's the same picture. All I wanted to know is if they're equipped with H.I.D.'s from the factory or not, at this point I don't even care, since you STILL didn't answer the question.

All you had to do is show a picture like this and people wouldn't bash your lights saying they're a waste, it's pretty hard to forget if your light has this or not...

George Type-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #34
troubleshooter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Type-S View Post
I know it's the same picture. All I wanted to know is if they're equipped with H.I.D.'s from the factory or not, at this point I don't even care, since you STILL didn't answer the question.

All you had to do is show a picture like this and people wouldn't bash your lights saying they're a waste, it's pretty hard to forget if your light has this or not...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4.../Osaka/004.jpg
read it back from the top... I was helping the guy how jdm HL looks like... did I ever say that I got JDM HIDs? Now I answered your question..
Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #35
troubleshooter
Master Member

Quote:
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k.../Photo0412.jpg

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k.../Photo0408.jpg

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k.../Photo0409.jpg

differences are:
just wana try to help the guy out.. great,, u have jdm factory HID
Old 02-25-2012, 03:07 AM   #36
0DC53

0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Looks the same as the oem 05-06 headlights haha well maybe if i compared it in person but wanted to know how much they go for? With/without H.I.Ds? Thanks
0DC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #37
eskribble
Cole me on the panny sty.

eskribble is on a distinguished roadeskribble is on a distinguished road
That's because they are exactly the same aesthetic wise. The only difference from the US version is how the light pattern is used. The Japanese HID and halogen version both point to the left at on coming traffic. I would stick with the US version seeing you need the light output to point to the right. Unless you're trying to get a "rare" part
Old 02-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #38
troubleshooter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskribble View Post
That's because they are exactly the same aesthetic wise. The only difference from the US version is how the light pattern is used. The Japanese HID and halogen version both point to the left at on coming traffic. I would stick with the US version seeing you need the light output to point to the right. Unless you're trying to get a "rare" part
Because I used to have DEPOs when I purchased this car last year, so definitely a good upgrade for me... How do you know that's the only difference between USDMs?
Old 02-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #39
PhoReal
Master Member

PhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsx
PhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsxPhoReal is loved by everyone on c-rsx
waste of money. retrofit headlights > jdm hid headlights

PhoReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #40
troubleshooter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoReal View Post
waste of money. retrofit headlights > jdm hid headlights
depends on people's preference..
Old 02-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #41
F-BOM
Resident hater

F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
they have them listed for $899 plus shipping and the hid's sold separately. you could've bought BNIB oem's from the dealership and an hid kit for that much.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #42
troubleshooter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BOM View Post
they have them listed for $899 plus shipping and the hid's sold separately. you could've bought BNIB oem's from the dealership and an hid kit for that much.
correct,, plus another 800 for JDM H.I.D... thats why I didn't buy it. maybe next time..
Old 03-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #43
IntegraNationRR
b20b0b

IntegraNationRR is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i never knew the 05 06 type r headlight came with hid from the factory. guess they are pretty rare to come across.

06 MM DC5-S/DAILY SLEEPER
IntegraNationRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #44
troubleshooter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegraNationRR View Post
i never knew the 05 06 type r headlight came with hid from the factory. guess they are pretty rare to come across.
it can be w/ or without H.I.D...
Old 03-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #45
IntegraNationRR
b20b0b

IntegraNationRR is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
thats bad ass. i know the jdm type r DC2 didnt have h.i.d. headlights until the 98 model came out. Im not sure if it was optional like the 05 06 as you say. Was the 02-04 optional for type r's too?

06 MM DC5-S/DAILY SLEEPER
IntegraNationRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #46
krnseoulja

krnseoulja is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegraNationRR View Post
thats bad ass. i know the jdm type r DC2 didnt have h.i.d. headlights until the 98 model came out. Im not sure if it was optional like the 05 06 as you say. Was the 02-04 optional for type r's too?
02-04 also came with optional h.i.ds
krnseoulja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:38 AM   #47
DreamDC5
Day Dreaming

DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Does anyone know if they have the same Parking Lights?

So does the top right corner light, light up when the blinker is on?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #48
SkyGTR
Demonic

SkyGTR is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
not to bring this thread back from being dead for 4 months, but here are my JDM HID setup. Couple things are different.

-It does not have the upper corner parking light as the USDM, but there is a template for you to drill it out and get it to work.

-HID ballasts and ignitors all fits inside the headlight housing, the bottom allows the ballast to mount and seal the bottom hole. There is a cap that goes in the back of the bulb area and does not use the rubber grommet like the USDM ones.

-Electronic Headlight level adjuster, where you can hook it up and adjust your headlight from the inside of the car.

- The bowl and the HID bulb holder is a little different where it does not cause a major glare effect.

-HID bulbs are D2R I believe.

Hope that sheds some light into this subject.

SkyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #49
vinnyjdm
Master Member

vinnyjdm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxvinnyjdm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxvinnyjdm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxvinnyjdm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxvinnyjdm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxvinnyjdm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxvinnyjdm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxvinnyjdm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I hate threads like this cause they make me want useless shit I don't need so fuck you guys for doing this to me

Last edited by vinnyjdm; 09-24-2012 at 04:37 PM.
vinnyjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #50
DreamDC5
Day Dreaming

DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
where did you get them?