exhaust - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Welding, Fabrication, & Tools
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
jayschutz

jayschutz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjayschutz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjayschutz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjayschutz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjayschutz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjayschutz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjayschutz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjayschutz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
exhaust

So I wana do custom exhaust but I wana stay legal for mission test can't decide weather I wana do 2 or 3 how would I stay legal high flow cat? Also looking for a header
jayschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
2014 Admin
Memberator

2014 Admin has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayschutz View Post
So I wana do custom exhaust but I wana stay legal for mission test can't decide weather I wana do 2 or 3 how would I stay legal high flow cat? Also looking for a header
If you modify/change your current cat in any way, it is not legal.

I moved your thread for you. Please search the other forums next time before you make another thread. Thanks!
2014 Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:08 AM   #3
9/11 RSX-s
Master Member

9/11 RSX-s is on a distinguished road9/11 RSX-s is on a distinguished road9/11 RSX-s is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM117 View Post
If you modify/change your current cat in any way, it is not legal.
It's not quite that simple. Specific rules vary by state, and I suppose there may be some federal rules (but who is going to enforce that? The FBI is already way too busy reading our e-mail and posts).

In Oregon it is illegal to mess with an OEM cat before a certain number of miles are on the car (I think it was 50k, or 75k), other than to replace it with another OEM cat. However, after that mileage if the cat is damaged (or crackheads stole it for the salvage) then you can replace it with an aftermarket cat.

People should look into their local laws if they are thinking of doing something like this. Of course, legal or not, running a hi-flow cat might keep you out of trouble as compared to running catless--since your car won't stink like a '63 VW Bug when you drive by the police.

I run a DCRH with an aftermarket cat. It probably is not particularly hi-flow, but I did this a long time ago when there were fewer options and not much information. Still, far better than having the stock header/cat, and my car passed the tail pipe sniff when we still had that (now they just jack into the OBDII port and call it a day).
IN> Injen CAI > Hybrid Racing 70mm > RRC > RDX 410cc > IPS K2 > DCRH & Cat > 2.5" Stainless >OUT
ASPEC | Neuspeed | CenterLine Racing RPM | BFG KDW-2
Clarion DXZ755MC (concealed install)
9/11 RSX-s is offline   Reply With Quote