Official Gun *Chat* thread #4: Seth can haz machine gun? - Page 9 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OFF TOPIC > Off Topic Forums > The Great Outdoors
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #201
z24sport
Turbocharged Cow...balt

Anyone here use a chest rig? Whether it be for Mil/LEO work, competition or just to have incase the need ever rises?

I just bought one of these Eagle rigs from SKD. Mainly because where I shoot on my land, I don't have a table to keep things on and being tall mofo, bending over to the ground sucks. Plus I've been wanting a rig for the off chance that I do attend some training courses/classes.

Who am I kidding...I need one for the zombie apocolyspe!

CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #202
Seth1784
Master Member

i've got a condor cheapo 70-80 dollar one lol. it's alright nothing overly amazing. i like it but also don't.... i'll try to move it on someone looking for something cheap i think. mags are on the right which i have no problem with, but it does a cross draw style pistol holster on the left which i have off since i don't like it. it's diagonal weave as well so it's not like i can throw whatever i want in place either.

i do plan on sooner or later upgrading to a molle set up that i can make my own though.

this little guy
http://www.condoroutdoor.com/cv_cross_draw_vest.aspx

Last edited by Seth1784; 03-27-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #203
RuizDC5
Marry me, Janis True

RuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a life
RuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a lifeRuizDC5 really needs a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by z24sport View Post
Anyone here use a chest rig? Whether it be for Mil/LEO work, competition or just to have incase the need ever rises?

I just bought one of these Eagle rigs from SKD. Mainly because where I shoot on my land, I don't have a table to keep things on and being tall mofo, bending over to the ground sucks. Plus I've been wanting a rig for the off chance that I do attend some training courses/classes.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn....jpg?1329079572
Funny, I was actually looking at some the other day. I came across this one. Thought it was over price, but pretty sweet

http://www.aresarmor.com/install/eco...ow/GCR2CT.html

I've never heard of these guys before, but they got some pretty neat shit. Check em out (if you don't know)
http://www.aresarmor.com/install/eco...ow/tacchr.html

Last edited by RuizDC5; 03-26-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #204
dan_nguyen
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z24sport View Post

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn....jpg?1329079572
Not really a chest rig per se, but this is exactly what I'm working with. Unfortunately the carrier with ID tags is $270+, and that's NOT including the ballistic panels, so I'm debating if I really want one. The one thing that's really attracting me is the ability to put in hard trauma plates. A lot of the guys have one and love it, it let's you move things off your belt and distribute the weight over the a larger area, plus it's more comfortable since you're not sweating in your vest all the time. That aside, I was thinking if I were to run this set up I would carry my Taser on the vest in a cross draw holster instead of a drop leg holster. Add in the AR mags and move my radio from my belt to the vest. Who knows, maybe I'll buy it with my tax return

Free HyetotheSky Crew Member #3/Viet Crew #3/I Love Driving Slow Crew Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDc5 View Post
stripes look ghey on your car. Lose them or be skull fucked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsBryan View Post
not as ghey as your base rsx that had rota's with volk stickers
Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #205
z24sport
Turbocharged Cow...balt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_nguyen View Post
Not really a chest rig per se, but this is exactly what I'm working with. Unfortunately the carrier with ID tags is $270+, and that's NOT including the ballistic panels, so I'm debating if I really want one. The one thing that's really attracting me is the ability to put in hard trauma plates. A lot of the guys have one and love it, it let's you move things off your belt and distribute the weight over the a larger area, plus it's more comfortable since you're not sweating in your vest all the time. That aside, I was thinking if I were to run this set up I would carry my Taser on the vest in a cross draw holster instead of a drop leg holster. Add in the AR mags and move my radio from my belt to the vest. Who knows, maybe I'll buy it with my tax return

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8224/56090458.png
Sucks you have to buy your own stuff in some agencies, but if it's what you do, I think it's worth it.

I like the idea of your setup with having the taser on the vest.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #206
mallen600
Amature Gynocologist

I have a customer that makes some good quality stuff. It is all made right here in TN. He gives active duty military orders first priority, but he usually has micro rigs and whatnot ready to ship. They also have a pretty cool shotgun rig
http://originalsoegear.com/productrigs.html
TN CREW #6
ABP Crew Member #79
Zombie Eradication Team #68
BB Crew
Old 03-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #207
z24sport
Turbocharged Cow...balt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallen600 View Post
I have a customer that makes some good quality stuff. It is all made right here in TN. He gives active duty military orders first priority, but he usually has micro rigs and whatnot ready to ship. They also have a pretty cool shotgun rig
http://originalsoegear.com/productrigs.html
Yeah, I've seen some of SOE's stuff. I really like their shotgun trays and might have to get one for the vest.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #208
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the top
Agent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the top
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_nguyen View Post

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8224/56090458.png
turtle tracks? we've been trying to get them to get us those. would make taking a shit easier.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://forums.clubrsx.com/signaturepics/sigpic47170_1.gif
Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #209
Spoolin4Door
Resident Mad Scientist

I had a call the other day where someone shot a cat with a slug and I called in the cat was "10-7" which is out of service. Deaths are just code black if its attended or unattended, otherwise it's a signal 30.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #210
Evodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexiracer View Post
Looking to buy my first handgun. What are your guys inputs?
Can you be a little more vague?
Old 03-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #211
HIT_MAN

I'm buying this for my next deployment.
Leghumper Crew #32

[SIGPIC]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...c_jrod/sig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Old 03-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #212
mallen600
Amature Gynocologist

Money well spent today
TN CREW #6
ABP Crew Member #79
BB Crew
Old 03-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #213
Mr. Crowley
Murderator

Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
How do you like the promag drum?

I've read that the clips on the sides tend to break.
Zombie Eradication Team Member #9, Anime Crew 二番
Old 03-31-2012, 10:43 PM   #214
mallen600
Amature Gynocologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Crowley View Post
How do you like the promag drum?

I've read that the clips on the sides tend to break.
Just bought it today. I was look at MD arms but I got a good deal, $70.00, so I couldn't pass it up. I'll let you know if I have any problems.
TN CREW #6
ABP Crew Member #79
BB Crew
Old 04-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #215
SeoG

gonna be building an ar finally!

picking up my sun devil lower on the 9th
RSX-S is my first car CREW#3
Old 04-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #216
Mr. Crowley
Murderator

Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownMr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
This has to be an april fools joke lol
Just got this email from 5.11 gear

Oh, I got my Bonesteel Arms folding stock adapter Saturday and put it on this morning before I crashed out. I'll. Post pics and stuff a little later. Fucking awesome piece. Way better than the Ace folder.

Last edited by Mr. Crowley; 04-01-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #217
Seth1784
Master Member

if anyone is interested here i'm letting two of my 22lr rifles go...

a henry repeating arms large loop lever carbine with a simmons 3-9 power scope. this thing was hardly used... i'd guess it only has some where around 1000 rounds through it at best. looks brand spanking new and she shoots wonderfully.

and my s&w mp15-22 moe in black which i've had for a few years now, i'd guess my rounds through this some where around 5 to 6000. the rifling groves all still look very good and she also shoots like butter. for this... i've got a few add ons, g-trigg trigger job, k&s anti walk pins, tapco forward grip, 4 25 round mags, and i'll throw in a soft padded carry case.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:02 AM   #218
Mr. Crowley
Murderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallen600 View Post
Just bought it today. I was look at MD arms but I got a good deal, $70.00, so I couldn't pass it up. I'll let you know if I have any problems.
Thanks
That is a pretty good deal.

I'll Stick with MD Arms though for the 20 rounders, I do want one or two of the little promag 12 round drums (or nut sacks as everyone on the Saiga forum calls them) though.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #219
Mr. Crowley
Murderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth1784 View Post
if anyone is interested here i'm letting two of my 22lr rifles go...

a henry repeating arms large loop lever carbine with a simmons 3-9 power scope. this thing was hardly used... i'd guess it only has some where around 1000 rounds through it at best. looks brand spanking new and she shoots wonderfully.

and my s&w mp15-22 moe in black which i've had for a few years now, i'd guess my rounds through this some where around 5 to 6000. the rifling groves all still look very good and she also shoots like butter. for this... i've got a few add ons, g-trigg trigger job, k&s anti walk pins, tapco forward grip, 4 25 round mags, and i'll throw in a soft padded carry case.
I want one of those Henry repeaters, but I've already spent way too much money on gun stuff lately...
Old 04-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #220
Seth1784
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Crowley View Post
I want one of those Henry repeaters, but I've already spent way too much money on gun stuff lately...
you know you want... 360 with the optic, 320 without!

Old 04-03-2012, 03:58 AM   #221
Mr. Crowley
Murderator

Nah, I wanna try to save up for a Tavor when they come out
Old 04-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #222
Seth1784
Master Member

ooooooooooooh that'd be sweet, i want one of those as well... provided the quality matches.

so i need a listing of all firearms made before 1986 lol. gotta find what 22lr automatics are out there for a customer and i can only think of one

american 180, thanks nate for finding the damn thing lol.

Last edited by Seth1784; 04-03-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:21 AM   #223
Mr. Crowley
Murderator

Had a fun day at the range today. Coach gun is a blast LOL
I think everyone enjoyed the Saiga 12 the best though. It was pretty smooth for a 12 gauge before, but that FAB Defense GL-Shock stock makes shooting full power loads all day a breeze.

Both the SGM and AGP mags worked flawlessly....damn it, now I pretty much just have to decide which one I want more of just based on looks LOL. Probably gonna go with AGP.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #224
k24penguin_pwd
b@nned

Hey seth can you get me prices on 10round mag for the a usp compact 45.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #225
Seth1784
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k24penguin_pwd View Post
Hey seth can you get me prices on 10round mag for the a usp compact 45.
i can maybe beat hkparts.net by all of 95 cents and get them to you at 67 per. granted that's with a guess on shipping... then you'd look at whatever shipping is to you (i can do ups, fedex, or usps) whichever you'd want really. although... problem is they're not in stock. this is about the 4th thing now i've had to turn down due to lack of stock. AHHHHHHHHHHH getting more then irritated.