Ask Your Nitrous Questions Here! (Q/A Thread) - Page 7 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Nitrous Oxide
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #151
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Bflaker is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bird View Post
Haha I know shit drives me nuts.

You really rev to 8500 though?
That's why you're fast. I wanna up mine a lot higher... I'm nervous though. I guess if i blow, it would be time to upgrade huh?

How often do you rev to 8500? And how long have you been doing it?
I set my Rev limiter to 8600, and my nitrous stops spraying at 8300. Around 8000 rpms the HP really starts to drop off, so by the time I get to 8300 I'm already shifting to get back in the meat of the powerband.
Bflaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #152
HRD_PRKD
Local Celebrity!

HRD_PRKD is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:

That's why you're fast. I wanna up mine a lot higher... I'm nervous though. I guess if i blow, it would be time to upgrade huh?

Fck that, i rev my stock longblock z1 to 9300 and have the nitrous disengaging at 9000.

Although I max out my baby ass solenoids at 7k, it doesn't drop power until redline. Plus i need to be in each gear as long as possible to avoid throwing 5th down the track.

aka JdmIgen on H-T & JDMU --- aka REAL TALK on JDMSouth
HRD_PRKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #153
02civic629
Banned

02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:

rev to 8500 daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflaker View Post
I set my Rev limiter to 8600, and my nitrous stops spraying at 8300. Around 8000 rpms the HP really starts to drop off, so by the time I get to 8300 I'm already shifting to get back in the meat of the powerband.
Yea i wanna set my nitrous way before redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_PRKD View Post
Fck that, i rev my stock longblock z1 to 9300 and have the nitrous disengaging at 9000.

Although I max out my baby ass solenoids at 7k, it doesn't drop power until redline. Plus i need to be in each gear as long as possible to avoid throwing 5th down the track.
yea 8500rpms is nothing for a type s motor......... im reving a stock k20a3 that far

but thats pretty impressive, in for video
02civic629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #154
HRD_PRKD
Local Celebrity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02civic629 View Post
yea 8500rpms is nothing for a type s motor......... im reving a stock k20a3 that far

but thats pretty impressive, in for video
Final Dyno numbers were 360whp/346trq! and after reviewing the graph we noticed at around 7k rpms it plateaus till redline, which is from maxing out the solenoid and having too small of a feed line. I wanted to immediately go buy a -6 AN line and larger solenoid, but this setup has plenty of power and definitely going to be fun at the track, so for now just gonna get some seat time in it!

Here's the dyno graph with final n/a and nitrous numbers!
*rpms on the dyno are off by 1,000 rpms

Here's also a quick video of the last pull and a few runs at the local 1/8th mile!

Enjoy in HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA91HLZYz3g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slCghadY1Co

I dont believe i made a build thread here, but yea, lol

Last edited by HRD_PRKD; 04-02-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #155
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Nice numbers and times. You're a maniac revving that thing so high. lol
Old 04-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #156
HRD_PRKD
Local Celebrity!

Quote:
Nice numbers and times. You're a maniac revving that thing so high. lol
Thanks, car definitely can go much faster on the same setup. Just need to time the nitrous engagement better cause coming out the hole on the guns I would just spin all of first gear!! Plus i wanna switch to bigger solenoids!!

Old 04-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #157
Dead Bird
Registered Sex Offender

Dead Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDead Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDead Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDead Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDead Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDead Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDead Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDead Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Quote:

I'm also running a stock k20a3 block, so 7500 was enough for me at the time. Gonna go to 8k on the dyno next time, but waiting or a RaceHeader before I get back on there
Check my sig though for full description, even though it has an rrc now and 120shot.
Dead Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #158
HRD_PRKD
Local Celebrity!

Quote:
I'm also running a stock k20a3 block, so 7500 was enough for me at the time. Gonna go to 8k on the dyno next time, but waiting or a RaceHeader before I get back on there
Check my sig though for full description, even though it has an rrc now and 120shot.
lmk, got a HR Budget Race Header for sale!!! $350 + Shipping/Paypal
**Pics available upon request

Old 05-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #159
SomeKid

SomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
what are some personal opinions of spraying before the Throttle body?
SomeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #160
HRD_PRKD
Local Celebrity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeKid View Post
just make sure you stay WOT!!

you don't wanna puddle the nitrous at the tb

Old 05-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #161
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Quote:
What exactly did you want to know? All I've used is fogger system's before the TB, both WET and DRY.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #162
SomeKid

SomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSomeKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
What exactly did you want to know? All I've used is fogger system's before the TB, both WET and DRY.
I was just wondering about even or uneven distribution of the spray into the intake runners if it affects anything or what it does or dosnt do im just trying to compare the pros and cons of direct port and before the TB
Old 05-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #163
K20egcw
Got Juice??

K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
I was just wondering about even or uneven distribution of the spray into the intake runners if it affects anything or what it does or dosnt do im just trying to compare the pros and cons of direct port and before the TB
Just depends on how large of a shot you plan on running. The IM is designed to equally distribute air equally, so nitrous distribution is pretty good. The problem is when it comes to the fuel. It's a lot heavier than air/gas so it tends to fall, so to much will cause it to fall more and then you'll have possible fuel puddling in your intake manifold. IMO, a single fogger will make more power over a direct port setup, simply because it cools more air as it enters the intake manifold/runners. If you're running a large wet shot, then DP would be the way to go
Old 05-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #164
SomeKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20egcw View Post
Just depends on how large of a shot you plan on running. The IM is designed to equally distribute air equally, so nitrous distribution is pretty good. The problem is when it comes to the fuel. It's a lot heavier than air/gas so it tends to fall, so to much will cause it to fall more and then you'll have possible fuel puddling in your intake manifold. IMO, a single fogger will make more power over a direct port setup, simply because it cools more air as it enters the intake manifold/runners. If you're running a large wet shot, then DP would be the way to go
Ok well im running e85. I wanna run a 150 shot. Im boosted on 35lbs fully built motor stock sleeves. whats ur opinion?
Old 05-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #165
K20egcw
Got Juice??

K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Ok well im running e85. I wanna run a 150 shot. Im boosted on 35lbs fully built motor stock sleeves. whats ur opinion?
Since you already have a power adder, start small and work you way up to a safe shot cause it will react differently than a car without a first power adder. I'd also go with a direct port with anything 100 shot or larger, especially with e85 since it'll be jetted to spray more fuel. If you run a dry shot (which I'd recommend, but you are going to need some big injectors) then a single fogger would be alright. Are you running nitrous to help turbo lag, or just to make more power? Ever consider an intercooler sprayer with CO2 (cheaper, and has the same cooling effects as nitrous)?

Last edited by K20egcw; 05-11-2012 at 02:20 AM.
K20egcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #166
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Quote:
Biggest WET shot I sprayed was a single 75shot. Never had any problems with distribution. Now I'm spraying 2 DRY shots in the intake. Still no problems that I can tell. However, the most I've seen people recommend spraying in the intake is a 150shot. I would assume that distribution starts to become an issue once you get up to that size shot. Then I would recommend a direct port setup.

What is your current setup and what are you using for tuning?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #167
EM2K20Z1
Special k

EM2K20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxEM2K20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxEM2K20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxEM2K20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxEM2K20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxEM2K20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxEM2K20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxEM2K20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I running a z1 in my em2 it gets turned 8800 every weekend no problems...I got a wet kit I'm goin to put on it with a new tune only putting 75 to it for now...whats the biggest shot anyone has heard of without popping a motor?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #168
All_Motor_Monster

All_Motor_Monster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAll_Motor_Monster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAll_Motor_Monster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAll_Motor_Monster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAll_Motor_Monster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAll_Motor_Monster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAll_Motor_Monster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAll_Motor_Monster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What's the best shot for a stock a2 with 125k wet or dry?
All_Motor_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #169
all<dc5
NA Today

all<dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxall<dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxall<dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxall<dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxall<dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxall<dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxall<dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxall<dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:

lol be careful revving past 9000, thats the highest safe redline with the stock oil pump...

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Motor_Monster View Post
What's the best shot for a stock a2 with 125k wet or dry?
get a dry kit and get kpro if you dont already have it, you wont regret it
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #170
0DC53

0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0DC53 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
im having problems with my nitrous line..and wanted to ask ppl on here for help..so my nx line used to run on fuse but now it just run straight through dont need the fuse anymore and its connected to kpro also...so when i was working on it with a friend we had it to work for a good second when i was purging it and it get just cut off..dont know what the problem is? need help ASAP! thanks
0DC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #171
Shadowdawg204
Much angry. Very snarl...

Shadowdawg204 might be well recognized one day on c-rsxShadowdawg204 might be well recognized one day on c-rsxShadowdawg204 might be well recognized one day on c-rsxShadowdawg204 might be well recognized one day on c-rsxShadowdawg204 might be well recognized one day on c-rsxShadowdawg204 might be well recognized one day on c-rsxShadowdawg204 might be well recognized one day on c-rsxShadowdawg204 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
is it safe to run a wet shot without kpro?
Broke Student Crew #000
Zombie Eradication Team #69
Instagram: @DC5Drummer
1 of 1 LHD ITR **SUPER RARE**
Shadowdawg204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #172
SA_DC5_NW
How You DOOIN

SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Gota quick question guys. I have a k24a2 long block kelfordA;s with supertech headbuild ARP head studs, rbc 70mmtb, SSR RH, Q300. I want to through sum spray on here and was wondering how much I can run in a 2 stage spray. Was thinking 75 then a 50. 75 for 2-4 and 50 for 5th. I have a z3 trans. Or should i run just a 100 shot 2-4. Havent heard of to many ppl with spray and couldent find any vids on youtube/streetfire. Thx
SA_DC5_NW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #173
pinkytang

pinkytang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpinkytang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpinkytang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpinkytang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpinkytang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpinkytang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpinkytang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpinkytang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
nitrous spark plug ?

does this spark plug look good or bad? im using 92 octane, bottle of octane booster and a 50 shot of nos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0412.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	988.8 KB
ID:	368235  
pinkytang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #174
marcelosf

marcelosf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmarcelosf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmarcelosf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmarcelosf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmarcelosf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmarcelosf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmarcelosf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmarcelosf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I'm newbie here, owner of 06 RSX Type-S (stock, no mods) and I'm researching about nitrous... it's sounds pretty tempting with the low cost and such (on a comparison basis) - So far it's pointing to the NitrousExpress Mainline kit (wet system) and it looks pretty easy to install on diy basis (no tuning, and it looks like pretty much the nozzle installation at the air inlet and the T connector at the fuel line).
One thing that's part of my research is to find out about refills... I just checked on the web and couldn't find anywhere in the DFW (TX) area. Is it something hard to find? Tnks!
marcelosf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #175
Zach Robe

Zach Robe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxZach Robe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxZach Robe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxZach Robe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxZach Robe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxZach Robe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxZach Robe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxZach Robe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
How mush will the Nitrous cost? Iv always wanted to have some kick in my RSX, its an auto base 2005, black but I want to coupe it up so i could start racing with it. And another thing, I crashed it a while ago and iv been driving without a bumper for awhile now so where do you thing I could get a low price bumper and a fender? any sits or anything, Iv try amazon but there all around 400 and I only want to only pay about 2 or 3 for it plus the labor so all around i want about 500 or less.