ECU tuning *chat* ask your questions here first - Page 46 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > ECU Tuning
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #1126
b.r.i.a.n.
k > b

b.r.i.a.n. is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_X View Post
How much more average whp do you guys think that either a A2 or Z1 motor with i/rh/e + a tuned Kpro will net over the same motor with i/rh/e + reflash...?
the reflash is just a generic calibration meant to suit your average bolt on's. every motor is different. you will benefit more from a custom tune tailored to your engine and the modifications done to it.

how much hp one will net over the other is unclear but i'm sure you'll benefit more from a custom tune.
b.r.i.a.n. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #1127
Evil_X
Combat Veteran

Evil_X gets around and is known
Evil_X gets around and is knownEvil_X gets around and is knownEvil_X gets around and is knownEvil_X gets around and is knownEvil_X gets around and is knownEvil_X gets around and is knownEvil_X gets around and is knownEvil_X gets around and is knownEvil_X gets around and is knownEvil_X gets around and is knownEvil_X gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.r.i.a.n. View Post
the reflash is just a generic calibration meant to suit your average bolt on's. every motor is different. you will benefit more from a custom tune tailored to your engine and the modifications done to it.

how much hp one will net over the other is unclear but i'm sure you'll benefit more from a custom tune.
I know that man, this is not my 1st rsx, lol. I was just wondering if it was specifically covered before, because I'm having a "discussion" in a different thread about it...lol
Evil_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #1128
Emoo
Cat Shit One

Emoo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Hey has anybody had to return their kpro? I have an issue that seems to be based around my kpro. My fuel pump isn't working, so obviously my car won't start. Nothing else is effected and all my relays/fuses are ok. My kpro won't connect to my laptop either. So thats what makes me think its the kpro and not the fuel pump. My car has been sitting for the past 6 months waiting for a swap but the ECU is legit and was installed last spring. Any help appreciated!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #1129
Emoo
Cat Shit One

Emoo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
So I dug around and found one of ground connections was loose and the other was cracked, I fixed them and it started right up. I hope this can help somebody else out. I was wierd because my fuel pump wasnt priming, my ecu wasn't connecting or data loggin or anything but the green light by the USB on the back was on so it looked like the connection was good and it had power. Now my 42o hp beast is alive again!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #1130
NewRSX02
Superman

NewRSX02 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Ok, so I've mentioned in one of my threads that I am looking towards going with the reflash #4 for my 2004 Type-S. I've been doing a lot of reading in the past couple of months so I have a decent idea of what I'm getting myself into.

Before I go ahead and purchase the reflash I just wanna do a 'test run'. My friend is willing to let me borrow his Kpro. As far as I know, there is no map preinstalled that replicates the reflash and the closest calibration is the CAI calibration that comes preinstalled with Kpro.

Here's my question: If I were to run the CAI calibration on my car (I only have a Mugen airbox and Greddy SE exhaust), would I experience any knock or other issues? From what I've read, the reflash is sort of like a 'watered down' version of the CAI calibration. I know I'm not running a CAI so I just wanted to get some input from some of you experienced Kpro tuners as to whether I should be ok running this calibration with my current setup.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #1131
black dc5
Master Member

black dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming View Post
also, any insight on why ignition advance is jumping around so much while this rough idle is happening? I thought it just follows the ign table which is set to 15 across the board right now
you're right, i shouldn't criticize, but with your reply and your experience, i feel like i should be asking YOU questions. if you can't figure out the software, it might be time to look at hardware. my IGN settings jump around in 5th gear (cutting in half for a split second) and I forget what fixed the issue, but I was able to fix it somehow... something in the parameters window.
black dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #1132
swaid

swaid is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
does one need a new tune after goin from 6spd trans to 5 spd?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #1133
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the top
Agent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the topAgent Smith is not even half way to the top
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaid View Post
does one need a new tune after goin from 6spd trans to 5 spd?
you'll need to go into gear comp and change your settings there, then datalog and see what needs to be done.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://forums.clubrsx.com/signaturepics/sigpic47170_1.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:45 AM   #1134
shawnfromohio
bam sucka

shawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I was just looking around on kpro, and seen fuel enrichment, what does that actually do and what is it for?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #1135
magnEsium
magtuning

magnEsium is a rep WHORE
magnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHORE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnfromohio View Post
I was just looking around on kpro, and seen fuel enrichment, what does that actually do and what is it for?
Fuel enrichment is a positive figure in a percentage to add to your overall tune.

For example, a 5% fuel enrichment will cause your entire calibration to be 5% richer in fuel than before.

If you're already tuned, don't touch it.
magnEsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #1136
shawnfromohio
bam sucka

shawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxshawnfromohio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
k thanks man
Old 04-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #1137
Hemmy_26
I f**ked Spaz's sister

Hemmy_26 is on a distinguished road
hey guys, have a question for you.

Is there any way to disable the cold start through Kpro, and if so would their be any negative results? The reason i ask is because the car is excessively loud at cold start when hovering around 1800 rpms. Id rather be able to have it around 1000 rpms and wait a few more minutes.
Injen, Strut King, Hondata, Enkei, Skunk2, Kiddracing
Hemmy_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #1138
magnEsium
magtuning

magnEsium is a rep WHORE
magnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHOREmagnEsium is a rep WHORE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmy_26 View Post
hey guys, have a question for you.

Is there any way to disable the cold start through Kpro, and if so would their be any negative results? The reason i ask is because the car is excessively loud at cold start when hovering around 1800 rpms. Id rather be able to have it around 1000 rpms and wait a few more minutes.
It is hard coded in to the ECU, so you cannot change it unfortunately.

That is, unless Hondata released an update to be able to change that setting.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #1139
Meance

Meance is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
ok so i heard that z3 cams > itr cams or is somewhat similar to the itr....and i got a set of z3 for free....i also found a prc manifold for sale and it got me thinking about the hondata itr reflash...i know that kpro is better n what not...but im not a budget...i searched and found that the itr piston isnt necessary to run the itr reflash but my concern is about the z3 cams...does anyone know or have run z3 cams with prc im and the itr reflash without a problem??....
Meance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #1140
IntegraNationRR
b20b0b

IntegraNationRR is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I searched and found threads that kind of answered my question. I am running the "2005 K20Z RSX with cold air intake - dyno tune" on my kpro 06 type s. Car is running great on this tune. Can i setup the launch control running this tune? If so, what would i need to enter in the "Fuel & Ignition retard activation RPM, Maximum Speed, Fuel Enrichment, and Retard Ignition"?

I read that it will run lean during 2 step if the car isnt tuned. Should i just wait to get a real tune that is tuned to my mods? All i have is crsx cai and toda exhaust. Thanks

06 MM DC5-S/DAILY SLEEPER
IntegraNationRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #1141
moneywitch77

moneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
hey i have a 2004 rsx type s with rh, cai and exhaust. i plan on putting a performance intake manifold and throttle body on my car and possibly cams. would a reflash be okay or should i just go ahead and get kpro?
moneywitch77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #1142
moneywitch77

moneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmoneywitch77 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
is there any way for me to find out if my ecu already has reflash? and will a used kpro off of a 2006 work on my 04?
Old 04-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #1143
magnEsium
magtuning

magnEsium is a rep WHORE
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneywitch77 View Post
hey i have a 2004 rsx type s with rh, cai and exhaust. i plan on putting a performance intake manifold and throttle body on my car and possibly cams. would a reflash be okay or should i just go ahead and get kpro?
Those modifications with without K-Pro aren't even worth the money as you'll be losing power without it.

Get K-Pro.

Quote:
is there any way for me to find out if my ecu already has reflash? and will a used kpro off of a 2006 work on my 04?
Contact Hondata to find out.

And no, a 06 K-Pro will not work on your 04.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #1144
moneywitch77

OKAY THANKS and what do i need to find out if it has it already? like the numbers off my ecu or what?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #1145
acura rsx newbie

acura rsx newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxacura rsx newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxacura rsx newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxacura rsx newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxacura rsx newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxacura rsx newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxacura rsx newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxacura rsx newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey guys I am in high school so always short on money but i hav a base 2004 auto rsx and wanted to know if it would show any gain with a cai or should I get a chip and if so wat kind i dont really want to run over 250$...is this possible?
acura rsx newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #1146
quickness
2003 Base RSX-ST

quickness is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I did a Type S swap in my base rsx a few years back. I am getting a primary o2 sensor cel that has been there for a long time but I'm needing to get it fixed to get the car inspected. My question is when they did the engine swap would I need to upgrade the o2 sensor to a type s one as well or would it stay as a base one since the wiring is different between the 2 i believe for the connector on the sensor. I just want to make sure I buy the right one to replace.
quickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #1147
josolanes
kprotuners.com

josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
I don't believe the wiring is different between the 2 sensors - I used both in my car. They are the same sensor as far as I know (searches online show compatibility as being base and type-s). I'd get the type-s one, though, if there were a difference
josolanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #1148
tiger
I lurk a lot.

tiger is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
On an NA setup, what are you guys setting for your lean protection settings (a/f, trigger time, etc.)? Or are you just leaving the default settings alone?
tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #1149
Davo307
Berlina

Davo307 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
OKAY THANKS and what do i need to find out if it has it already? like the numbers off my ecu or what?
if you are looking for kpro, either take the ecu out or feel in the back of it for a usb port (the cable for printers) and most of the time there is a hondata sticker on it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acura rsx newbie View Post
Hey guys I am in high school so always short on money but i hav a base 2004 auto rsx and wanted to know if it would show any gain with a cai or should I get a chip and if so wat kind i dont really want to run over 250$...is this possible?
chips dont exist. get the cai and enjoy it. modifying cars takes a lot of money. you have to pay to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
On an NA setup, what are you guys setting for your lean protection settings (a/f, trigger time, etc.)? Or are you just leaving the default settings alone?
my tuner is confident enough in his tuning that there is no lean protection set on my tune

2003 Berlina Black Honda s2000
Davo307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #1150
froskies
Reserved

froskies is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfroskies is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfroskies is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfroskies is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfroskies is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfroskies is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfroskies is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfroskies is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfroskies is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
hey everyone...

i just barely got my ecu from hondata.. i downloaded the software and plugged in the ecu to my lap top and what not.. trying to figure out what i need to do to get it up and running to bring the car home from the mechanics.. what i may have to change to start up the car fine..

thanks

Steve No Love Crew #3 No Longer Broken Base Crew #1 Broke As Fuck Crew
froskies is offline   Reply With Quote