Painting Tan interior black. - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE > Interior Mods
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #26
Wii_DC5
Neetendo

Wii_DC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I've done it, like few said good prep and don't cheap out, it will look OEM. For a few year+ hasn't chip and not faded after cleaning it multiple times. Overall money/time will give you what you want. I work at body's hop so I don't where to begin telling you what was use lol. Good luck!
Wii_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #27
Kid_Kaos

Kid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryr View Post
please post pics and what materials you used/ steps you did shit mine as well make a diy. iam considering doing this and would love to see how it turned out for you
I don't know if you used the but here it is
follow his steps and recommendations
order the paint on that eastwood web site, it is legit paint i will be using it
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=769591

other than that GOOD LUCK

just make sure you prep the interior pieces well, no need for sanding, just maybe do a very, very LIGHT scuffing not necessarry tho.. wash with a mild degreaser or soap and water should be fine

dry it well, allow plenty of drying time

then mask everything you don't want paint on very well and

then use good adhesion promoter like BUllguard, wait as directed on can

then you PAINT.. SIMPLE.
Kid_Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #28
aphan
Master Member

aphan has disabled reputation
heres a pic. its held up for a year.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #29
Kid_Kaos

Kid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
^^^^ looks CLEAN

i can't wait to get mine done after school finishes.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #30
aphan
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Kaos View Post
^^^^ looks CLEAN

i can't wait to get mine done after school finishes.
only parts chipping was where the seatbelt goes, but that was expected. Just take your time. i did around 3 coats each?
Old 04-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #31
BucDC5

BucDC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I would like to do this! but change the parts that gets touched a lot with real black interior.
I found a diy from a Civic forum on how to do it.
http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4252

Last edited by BucDC5; 04-07-2012 at 03:19 PM.
BucDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #32
Kid_Kaos

I finally had the time to do this, took a while and i like the results, i'm happy
took me 5 cans for approx 2 thick coats each piece

pieces came out very close to OEM Black, i am very pleased with the results.

Last edited by Kid_Kaos; 05-02-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #33
BucDC5

BucDC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Looks good! how is it holding up now?
BucDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #34
Kid_Kaos

^^^It's holding up great, only my steering wheel has an 1/8" peel that isn't noticeable, but everything else is holding up 100%
Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #35
Prinnydood!

Prinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
^^^It's holding up great, only my steering wheel has an 1/8" peel that isn't noticeable, but everything else is holding up 100%
What steering wheel is that? ITR or 02-05 SI? The reason I ask is, I want a new steering wheel, but don't want to lose or relocate the cruise control.

Also, thanks for pics of sprayed interior. I am trying to find black parts piece by piece, but having a bitch of time. This will be great for the smaller/rear pieces

Thanks for any info on this
Prinnydood! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #36
Kid_Kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinnydood! View Post
What steering wheel is that? ITR or 02-05 SI? The reason I ask is, I want a new steering wheel, but don't want to lose or relocate the cruise control.

Also, thanks for pics of sprayed interior. I am trying to find black parts piece by piece, but having a bitch of time. This will be great for the smaller/rear pieces

Thanks for any info on this
Thats the stock 02-04 Tan steering wheel with a Red H sticker on the "A" emblem

I decided to paint my Tan Steering wheel rather than buy an EP3 one and the hassle of installing it

Locating black pieces is a bitch and people aren't selling for cheap so for approx. $55 i did my WHOLE interior BLACK..

good luck if you go this route, it's really easy, you should invenst in a PANEL REMOVER it came in handy and i paid like $7.50+tax at a Body Repair/Paint Store (B&Z) here in Modesto.

Just TAKE YOUR TIME, invest in a good adhesive promoter like BULLGUARD, about 2 even coats

then 2 coats on each piece of paint should be fine..

make sure you clean the interior well once removed, i used the Purple Power Degreaser to clean them thorouhly, a bit extreme but NO SCRUBBING for me and left the TAN interior new no damage...

Just PREP the pieces very well, take your time Painting about 8" away to avoid blotts and drips

PATIENCE and good prep give you good results.
I'm happy with it, beats $500 for a interior swap IMO
Old 05-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #37
Prinnydood!

Prinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPrinnydood! is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Very nice Kid! Please let us know if the new black holds up pretty good.

I didn't even notice the wheel had the oval middle emblem and not the square! That's pretty cool

Last edited by Prinnydood!; 05-10-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #38
Kid_Kaos

^^^ i've had some ppl look at my car and think it's genuine until they really look at it and still say it looks pretty good for a complete DIY Replica, idk, i'm happy, it's holding up really well, better than i expected.. i will probably just keep painting the steerting wheel if it chips more than it already has where i rest my wheel lock but other than that no chipping anywhere.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #39
Prinnydood!

Quote:
^^^ i've had some ppl look at my car and think it's genuine until they really look at it and still say it looks pretty good for a complete DIY Replica, idk, i'm happy, it's holding up really well, better than i expected.. i will probably just keep painting the steerting wheel if it chips more than it already has where i rest my wheel lock but other than that no chipping anywhere.
Well thats good to hear. I am still unsure about the interior. I have sooo many more things to worry about atm, with clean tan interior, I can wait a little longer till I make a move on the inside.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #40
Kid_Kaos

I say DO IT!! you will be pleased, just patience and good prep, this won't take longer than 3hrs to compelte. Just remove your interior, wash the pieces with soap/water or a degreaser, fully dry them, spray your adhesive promoter, let that dry and start painting smooth even strokes of paint.

I gurantee you will like the results, beats looking at the ugly tan every day.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #41
K20abp

K20abp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20abp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20abp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20abp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20abp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20abp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20abp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxK20abp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
I say DO IT!! you will be pleased, just patience and good prep, this won't take longer than 3hrs to compelte. Just remove your interior, wash the pieces with soap/water or a degreaser, fully dry them, spray your adhesive promoter, let that dry and start painting smooth even strokes of paint.

I gurantee you will like the results, beats looking at the ugly tan every day.
Only problem is that if you scratch the parts thats been painted the paint will be removed since it's plastic parts. The rubber on the dash paint won't get removed easily but the parts that are plastic any scratch on it will remove the paint. Must always have a extra can for touch up
K20abp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #42
Prinnydood!

True. Although I do very much want black interior, I don't want to be like Bruce Willis on "Death Becomes Her" running around with spray cans under each arm every time something starts to come off.

Like I said, tan is no black, but it's not unbearable. I will start scoping out black pieces after I have taken care of other things first.

Besides, I would like to actually enjoy the car for a while before I start messing it up lol
Old 11-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #43
pikabooxxD

pikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey, where did you find the Diy for the remove carpet and other interior.. Where did you get that seat cover?
pikabooxxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #44
aphan
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabooxxD View Post
Hey, where did you find the Diy for the remove carpet and other interior.. Where did you get that seat cover?
the inter panels are held on by plastic clips. take off the seat belts first and give it a tug. the carpet you remove 4 14mm bolts on each of the seats at the bottom, take out the center console and lift the rear seat.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:02 AM   #45
pikabooxxD

pikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpikabooxxD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphan View Post
the inter panels are held on by plastic clips. take off the seat belts first and give it a tug. the carpet you remove 4 14mm bolts on each of the seats at the bottom, take out the center console and lift the rear seat.
That mean I have to remove the seats? You should make a Diy guide, I search everywhere but no luck..
Old 11-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #46
aphan
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabooxxD View Post
That mean I have to remove the seats? You should make a Diy guide, I search everywhere but no luck..
There is a DIY. You're just not searching well enough.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #47
pikabooxxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphan View Post
There is a DIY. You're just not searching well enough.
If it on crsx, I will have to search for diy forum again.. Really want my interior black.. Where did you buy the seat cover?