Advice needed: Upgrading to Alpine deck & speakers - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE > Car Audio, Security, & Electronics
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #26
Locotony
The Audio Guru

Locotony has a clean startLocotony has a clean startLocotony has a clean startLocotony has a clean start
remove the rear panels and install the speaker that is how many people installed 6.5 rears.

oh and the Alpine SPS-610 does fit you have to use a3/4 inch space but the do fit as I have installed them in RSX's before.
Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
Illusion Audio Carbon C6 Comps
Precision Power Phantom 900.4 and 1000.1
Subs tbd
Locotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #27
r2k

r2k is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Pardon my ignorance but where exactly is this rear panel that I need removed to fit 6.5"? If there's a detailed step by step link within Clubrsx that I can't seem to find that'd be great help thanks! I'm glad audio guru's still hang out in these forums
r2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #28
Locotony
The Audio Guru

Locotony has a clean startLocotony has a clean startLocotony has a clean startLocotony has a clean start
the panels the speakers sit in you remove the entire thing and install them.
Subs tbd
Old 04-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #29
r2k

Ok I don't see anything that just snaps off in that speaker panel, this requires cutting around that area where speaker sits?

I'm ok settling for JBL GTO528 5.25" these brackets are supposed to fit but review is no good hmmm.

http://www.crutchfield.ca/Mazda_Ford.../120827500.htm
Old 04-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #30
DarkCreep
Class of 1986

DarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Why dont you check out craigslist? You wont find top of the line new stuff but you can get nice electronics.

I picked up a 12" Kenwood sub with box for $40, and 500w amp for it for $20. I also got some Pioneer 6.5" 2 way speakers for $20 lol. If space is a big concern I would recommend an 8" sub in a slim box. It wont take up much space and the amp (since you wont need a large one) can easily mount under the front seats.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #31
r2k

Yeah I monitor CL no deals that tickles my fancy yet. My main concern right now is how 6.5" can best fit in the rear. Also ok with 5.25" in the rear just deciding on which brackets to use.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #32
RSXDM40

RSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2k View Post
$120 Alpine MP3/WMA CD Car Deck With iPod Control (CDE-121)
$100 Pair of Alpine Type S 5 1/4" Car Speaker (SPS-510)

No? Can you list out what else I need thanks.
Those 5 1/4 are not going to do anything but piss you off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
RSXDM40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #33
Greds
Smart but Stupid

Greds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxGreds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxGreds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxGreds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxGreds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxGreds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxGreds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxGreds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The whole panel is attached with plastic clips (as I remember) you may have to remove the rear seat. You should be able to give it a quick 'yank'. Them mount the speaker to the metal itself. Think of it this way. The speaker will be sandwiched between the metal of the car and the plastic of the panel.

Is that what you were trying to tell him Tony?

IMO you should either not settle for a 5.25" and get 6.5" speakers or not run them at all in the rear. Or just keep the stock rears.

Eric
Greds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #34
Locotony
The Audio Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greds View Post
The whole panel is attached with plastic clips (as I remember) you may have to remove the rear seat. You should be able to give it a quick 'yank'. Them mount the speaker to the metal itself. Think of it this way. The speaker will be sandwiched between the metal of the car and the plastic of the panel.

IMO you should either not settle for a 5.25" and get 6.5" speakers or not run them at all in the rear. Or just keep the stock rears.

Eric
Pretty much, I still wouldn't bother with rear speakers, they are worthless for any good sound in car audio, spend more money on good comps up front with a good amp on them and if you have to have rear speakers for fill us the stocks off HU power.
Subs tbd
Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #35
r2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greds View Post

Eric

Finally something descriptive on that 'rear panel'. Thanks Greds! Too bad these replies came a little late I got impatient ordered these already. We'll see what speakers I settle with.

http://www.crutchfield.ca/Honda_SAPs..._p/142sah6.htm

http://www.crutchfield.ca/Honda_Acur...p/12071012.htm
Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #36
r2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locotony View Post
the panels the speakers sit in you remove the entire thing and install them.
Please try to reply with more details these brief responses don't help an audio rookie like me at all.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #37
RSXDM40

RSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXDM40 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Those will help but you probably could have bought them cheaper for sonicelectronix.com or egay
Old 04-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #38
RSXDM40

http://www.dealtime.com/honda-speaker-adapter/products

I guess its too late though
Old 04-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #39
r2k

RSXDM40, that's a helpful link there's always next time if I need more accessories I'll try out dealtime.com

I live in Canada so shipping from US may pose delays and added "shipping & handling & tax" fees from our CBSA who moves at snail's pace. I don't have time to drive 45 across border to pick up either. So I don't mind trying out Crutchfield for this order. Thanks~!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:46 AM   #40
RSXDM40

Hey no prob man just trying to help out a fellow crsx member. Don't get me wrong I like crutchfield. I think they have great info but as far as prices go they stink. I usually get info from them and then find it cheaper elsewhere. But :thumbup:
Old 04-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #41
r2k

Shipment came in!

Speaker brackets too thick not allowing rear speaker cover to close even without the speakers attached yet. I called Crutchfield asking them about this before ordering. Fail.
Plastic screw holes where speakers attach are too flimsy there's no way that will stay securely attached in there.
http://www.crutchfield.ca/Honda_SAPs..._p/142sah6.htm

Speaker wires I will keep but also of cheap quality
http://www.crutchfield.ca/Honda_Acur...p/12071012.htm
Old 04-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #42
r2k

Turns out Crutchfield pointed me to wrong part. They will be sending me correct one for the rear free of charge no need to return the wrong part!

Outstanding customer hassle free service highly recommended!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #43
liphan

liphan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxliphan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxliphan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxliphan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxliphan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxliphan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxliphan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxliphan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locotony View Post
Pretty much, I still wouldn't bother with rear speakers, they are worthless for any good sound in car audio, spend more money on good comps up front with a good amp on them and if you have to have rear speakers for fill us the stocks off HU power.
NOOB question: If you upgrade the fronts and add an amp but keep the rears stock - do you run a chance of blowing the rears?
liphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #44
eggyhustles
Burr

eggyhustles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxeggyhustles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxeggyhustles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxeggyhustles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxeggyhustles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxeggyhustles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxeggyhustles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxeggyhustles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
no
eggyhustles is offline   Reply With Quote