CRSX Random Photos and Chat 35 - Put that new gear to WORK!!! - Page 56 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OFF TOPIC > Off Topic Forums > Photography
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #1376
pandjpudge
Cool as Ice Tea

pandjpudge is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY_DC5 View Post
Really like your pics, thinking about getting the 100mm 2.8 macro non IS ( is this the one you use?) if so how do you like it? Thanks.
I'm using a Tokina 100mm on Nikon. At the time it was all I could afford. It's a pretty beast little macro lens and has been a work horse for me lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephDC5 View Post
hey, thanks for the reply. that's exactly why i posted here first before pulling the trigger.. i guess i'll wait to see what happens. i was also looking at other entry level dslrs like the sony nex-5n, canon rebel t3i... you have any input on those?
No problem . I just know the Nikon line up more than the rest (Team Nikon FTW). The NEX is something I see as a compromise when you want the control of a dslr but don't want the bulk. It was something I was looking at for that reason but ended up taking a pass on it. The camera + viewfinder is like a $1000 and for that money I would much rather have the fuji x100. Sure it's a fixed lens and focal length but it's perfect for walking around and doing non serious stuff imo.

Have you checked Dpreview comparsions?

http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/cameras
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 01:15 AM   #1377
kawi_200
God I hate Moderat0rs

kawi_200 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Really like your pics, thinking about getting the 100mm 2.8 macro non IS ( is this the one you use?) if so how do you like it? Thanks.
The two Canon 100mm macro lenses compare very well. They are more alike than they are not. You get nearly identical image quality, only thing is IS and weather sealing. The L has very very slightly better color/contrast. See my example pic

ABP Crew Member #42
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself.
Float like a butterfly, and sting like a bee. My keys to the ignition are like gloves to Ali.
I bust in your eye so you can see me cummin!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 02:10 AM   #1378
kawi_200
God I hate Moderat0rs

Went on a cruise with the local Ruckus crew today. Ended at the beach. Lovin this custom green paint job.

ABP Crew Member #42
Float like a butterfly, and sting like a bee. My keys to the ignition are like gloves to Ali.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #1379
l98vette85
Hi Hater.

l98vette85 has a clean startl98vette85 has a clean startl98vette85 has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTIFACTS View Post
You know what they say about HDR photos, just say NO! lol
it really depends on how you do it. i see really good hdr work here and there. i would really say "no" to over processing because imo it degrades the photo trying to make it look like it's not.
LETSGO LAKERS!Morning Post Crew #2LETS GO ANGELSDrive Slow Homie #36
<3 RIP PICKLE
|Canon 40D|BGE2|Tokina 12-24 F4|Tamron 28-75 F2.8|
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuDizzle View Post
I like having sex with my wife but if you do too, I'm going to have to cut you
Old 04-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #1380
Pugz
Pugzministrator

Pugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Pugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownPugz must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
You know what they say about HDR photos, just say NO! lol
That is debatable lol. I love HDR, love my HDRs...hell I have sold plenty of them so people don't say no

But that is what makes photography great...we all have different styles and it keeps it fresh!
flickr
Old 04-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #1381
marinse
Its ColOmbia not ColUmbia

marinse is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Dropped the rental price by $70! Boosted!
Although I'm still spending a little extra for a battery grip and extra battery for the D7000 I'm renting for the week

I was going to rent the D800 but the thing isn't available for rental yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugz View Post
That is debatable lol. I love HDR, love my HDRs...hell I have sold plenty of them so people don't say no

But that is what makes photography great...we all have different styles and it keeps it fresh!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #1382
kawi_200
God I hate Moderat0rs

^ When do you need the rental by? D800 expected back by Tuesday the 24th

http://www.lensrentals.com/rent/niko...ras/nikon-d800
ABP Crew Member #42
Old 04-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #1383
ourbloodykisses

ourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx

Untitled by OBK!, on Flickr

didnt sharpen it
Old 04-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #1384
K1NG
Banned

K1NG is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandjpudge View Post
No problem . I just know the Nikon line up more than the rest (Team Nikon FTW). The NEX is something I see as a compromise when you want the control of a dslr but don't want the bulk. It was something I was looking at for that reason but ended up taking a pass on it. The camera + viewfinder is like a $1000 and for that money I would much rather have the fuji x100. Sure it's a fixed lens and focal length but it's perfect for walking around and doing non serious stuff imo.

Have you checked Dpreview comparsions?

http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/cameras
yeah that's what i was thinking about for the nex.. too much $$$ the viewfinder is way too expensive. i guess ill just wait a few months for any updates on the d3100. in the mean time i guess i can read some more tutorials and watch some more youtube vids lol. thanks for the link btw
Old 04-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #1385
pandjpudge
Cool as Ice Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourbloodykisses View Post
I dig it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephDC5 View Post
yeah that's what i was thinking about for the nex.. too much $$$ the viewfinder is way too expensive. i guess ill just wait a few months for any updates on the d3100. in the mean time i guess i can read some more tutorials and watch some more youtube vids lol. thanks for the link btw
Not a problem! There's a nikon announcement in the next couple days, they might talk about the d3200.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #1386
White_02
Alex

White_02 is on a distinguished roadWhite_02 is on a distinguished road

Last edited by White_02; 04-15-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #1387
marinse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi_200 View Post
^ When do you need the rental by? D800 expected back by Tuesday the 24th

http://www.lensrentals.com/rent/niko...ras/nikon-d800
Thanks for the heads up, but I'm just gonna go with the d7000 this time. Ill rent it out for my next wedding in June
Old 04-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #1388
STINKY_DC5
ORALE!!!!

STINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandjpudge View Post
I'm using a Tokina 100mm on Nikon. At the time it was all I could afford. It's a pretty beast little macro lens and has been a work horse for me lately.
Thanks, I'll look into that one too along with the Canon 100mm f/2.8 non IS. This is the same lens used for your "EYE BALL" shots?

Quote:
The two Canon 100mm macro lenses compare very well. They are more alike than they are not. You get nearly identical image quality, only thing is IS and weather sealing. The L has very very slightly better color/contrast. See my example pic

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...Comparison.jpg
They look the same! I will definitely consider that lens. How close can I get to a "BUG" per say? thank you for the input.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #1389
Lucid484
2013 Hyundai Accent

Lucid484 is on a distinguished roadLucid484 is on a distinguished road
8 year old photo of my daugther I dug up.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #1390
LOLdc5
OEM+

LOLdc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
what about this? shot with a 16mm lens.

Last edited by LOLdc5; 04-16-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #1391
In_Like_Flynn

In_Like_Flynn gets around and is known
In_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is knownIn_Like_Flynn gets around and is known
Quote:
how do you set your camera to get pics like this? i've tried several times but the picture never turns out that well.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:33 AM   #1392
STINKY_DC5
ORALE!!!!

STINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSTINKY_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Took these today at Red Rock in LV, NV. What do you guys think?

Old 04-16-2012, 01:44 AM   #1393
kawi_200
God I hate Moderat0rs

Quote:
Thanks, I'll look into that one too along with the Canon 100mm f/2.8 non IS. This is the same lens used for your "EYE BALL" shots?

They look the same! I will definitely consider that lens. How close can I get to a "BUG" per say? thank you for the input.
MFD is something like 12 inches. Usually I will take the lens hood off if I'm working at that distance because it blocks so much light. This was basically MFD with the non L/IS lens. Just don't rush in to the bugs' face and scare it away. Move slowly like you would any wildlife. Let it feel calm and unthreatend.

Quote:
Awesome view in the second one!!
ABP Crew Member #42

Last edited by kawi_200; 04-16-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #1394
STINKY_DC5
ORALE!!!!

Quote:
MFD is something like 12 incehs. Usually I will take the lens hood off if I'm working at that distance because it blocks so much light. This was basically MFD with the non L/IS lens. Just don't rush in to the bugs' face and scare it away. Move slowly like you would any wildlife. Let it feel calm and unthreatend.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...o/_MG_2931.jpg

Awesome view in the second one!!
MFD? Thanks I did a Pano with three pics and adjusted the lighting a little. I used my Sigma 10-20mm
Old 04-16-2012, 02:05 AM   #1395
itsBryan
Nomnominin'

itsBryan has a clean startitsBryan has a clean startitsBryan has a clean startitsBryan has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by In_Like_Flynn View Post
how do you set your camera to get pics like this? i've tried several times but the picture never turns out that well.
practice and some more practice
piece of shit rsx fucking gay ass raping penis tucking car full of fwd failfucking fuck shit rsx sucks my dick...fwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchbookSS View Post
FWD is for faggots.
E46 ///M3
Old 04-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #1396
kawi_200
God I hate Moderat0rs

Quote:
MFD? Thanks I did a Pano with three pics and adjusted the lighting a little. I used my Sigma 10-20mm
Minimum Focus Distance. Closest distance the camera/lens combo can focus on an object.

Rolling shot from today. Manfrotto Magic Arm mounted under my Ruckus with the 5D2 and 17-40L hanging just off the side.

Quick video riding to my friend's house.

http://youtu.be/UcRXexS635A
ABP Crew Member #42

Last edited by kawi_200; 04-16-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:52 AM   #1397
ARTIFACTS
8 1 8

ARTIFACTS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
I usually set it to AWESOME, and boom! magic

And when it comes to HDR photos, this is the most "hdr" that my photos tend to look..maybe im doin it wrong =P

East 34th street... by dj murdok photos, on Flickr

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. by dj murdok photos, on Flickr

Last edited by ARTIFACTS; 04-16-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #1398
pandjpudge
Cool as Ice Tea

Quote:

Yeah my eyeball were taken with the Tokina . I would just save up for the canon version since the price isn't that far apart. Nikon doesn't have an affordable 100mm macro so I had to go 3rd party.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #1399
marinse

Quote:
I usually set it to AWESOME, and boom! magic

And when it comes to HDR photos, this is the most "hdr" that my photos tend to look..maybe im doin it wrong =P

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7068/6...6e5f088c_b.jpg
East 34th street... by dj murdok photos, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7200/6...ff0d8eb3_b.jpg
In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. by dj murdok photos, on Flickr

You're still going through NYC photos?
Old 04-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #1400
l98vette85
Hi Hater.

l98vette85 has a clean startl98vette85 has a clean startl98vette85 has a clean start
Quote:
its the post processing

lightroom and photoshop
LETSGO LAKERS!Morning Post Crew #2LETS GO ANGELSDrive Slow Homie #36
<3 RIP PICKLE
|Canon 40D|BGE2|Tokina 12-24 F4|Tamron 28-75 F2.8|
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuDizzle View Post
I like having sex with my wife but if you do too, I'm going to have to cut you
Closed Thread