DIY Plug-n-Play Harness for 02-04 to 05-06 Cluster Swap - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > The DIY Garage
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #51
mazharracer
Mazharracer

Can u take your car to Acura and get the mileage reset on the 05-06 cluster to your old miles?

Instagram: mazharracer
mazharracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #52
aGoaTw/aHaTtype-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazharracer View Post
Can u take your car to Acura and get the mileage reset on the 05-06 cluster to your old miles?
I've heard of guys getting it done, I think its reasonable to be able to have it done, all they need to do is check your ECU for the correct odometer reading then change it to what it actually is on the cluster. But I've also heard of Acura basically saying Fu we don't do that sort of stuff.. So..
Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #53
mazharracer
Mazharracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aGoaTw/aHaTtype-S View Post
I've heard of guys getting it done, I think its reasonable to be able to have it done, all they need to do is check your ECU for the correct odometer reading then change it to what it actually is on the cluster. But I've also heard of Acura basically saying Fu we don't do that sort of stuff.. So..

Instagram: mazharracer
mazharracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #54
system1459

system1459 has disabled reputation
What splice connectors did you use? I ordered some tyco 18-22ga they are a lil big and very easy to melt the connector if you aren't careful. Also Did you use a heat gun or torch?
system1459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #55
aGoaTw/aHaTtype-S

Don't use a torch.. You will melt the plastic harness's and be shit outta luck. I never used solder splice connections so I am not sure on how to use them. I found soldering wire to pin easy enough, just melt solder onto the wire you're going to attach to said pin, then heat that solder up with a soldering iron, and viola. you have a connection, making sure to put shrink tubing on each wire before connecting it! then use a heat gun to shrink the tubing. The starter of this thread may know.. but hes on deployment over seas, so you may not get a response that quick
Old 04-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #56
ka-jun28
Jacob @ BRADA WHEELS

is anyone willing to build the pnp harness to sell???

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=861911
ka-jun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #57
aGoaTw/aHaTtype-S

I would, if you sent me the parts to do so. But it really isn't that difficult. I hadn't done any soldering since I was 13, It took me about 3 hours, but most of that was just figuring out the correct technique. If I did it again I could see it only taking an hour. I should have made a youtube video on how I did it, lol.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #58
ka-jun28
Jacob @ BRADA WHEELS

I just don't have the time to do it.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #59
aGoaTw/aHaTtype-S

I see, well if you're interested in having me make the harness for you, I can for a small fee, which will cover the cost of solder, shrink tubing and my time. Do you have the pigtails already?
Old 04-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #60
ddmrsx
Flying Fortune Cookie

Quote:
Don't use a torch.. You will melt the plastic harness's and be shit outta luck. I never used solder splice connections so I am not sure on how to use them. I found soldering wire to pin easy enough, just melt solder onto the wire you're going to attach to said pin, then heat that solder up with a soldering iron, and viola. you have a connection, making sure to put shrink tubing on each wire before connecting it! then use a heat gun to shrink the tubing. The starter of this thread may know.. but hes on deployment over seas, so you may not get a response that quick
^Agreed with all My apologies for my delayed response but I am currently deployed to Afghanistan... I will take pics of the solder splice connectors that I used and will post them on here within the near future. I stated that these connectors were optional b/c you can solder the wire direct to the pins as stated above.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #61
system1459

system1459 has disabled reputation
Hey Agoat. I tried to pm you but your box is full. Let me know what you want to make this harness?
system1459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #62
DC5Inc
Master Member

subscribed
DC5Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #63
biscocho51
DTF

This would work with the Audm cluster as well correct?

DC5 SSM-CURRENT
EM2-SOLD
ES1-SOLD
biscocho51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:37 AM   #64
aGoaTw/aHaTtype-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscocho51 View Post
This would work with the Audm cluster as well correct?
I imagine so. However, you should probably check a pin diagram for the Audm cluster. For my car there were a few more wires to solder onto pins for different functions the American version didn't have.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #65
aGoaTw/aHaTtype-S

I wonder if I could put a US cluster in my Canadian Dc5 with a wiring harness specifically for the US model. I'm making someone a harness and want to test it out before I send it back
Old 04-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #66
ka-jun28
Jacob @ BRADA WHEELS

i just ordered a cluster with wiring form a canadian cluster so i hope it works... im sure it will through because its just different color wires.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #67
aGoaTw/aHaTtype-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-jun28 View Post
i just ordered a cluster with wiring form a canadian cluster so i hope it works... im sure it will through because its just different color wires.
All you have to do is cap the wires not used, there are 2 ones on the Type S harness needed to install a Canadian cluster. Or you can take them right out of the plug it self, you just use a small flat head screw driver and pop this little rectangular piece on the plug. Then you can pull the wires not need. Keep the wires you pull out tho, just in case you have friends with a Canadian car and they wanna do the cluster swap. The Canadian harness, has a pink DRL wire I believe, and a Gauges and Indicators which must be in the harness in order for the Canadian cluster to work. The Us model also just has some different coloured wires outlined in the pin diagram on this thread. I know it will work because I used an US type-S wiring harness, and then had to cut connector A from a Canadian 05 base model I found in the junkyard.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #68
RSlowXS
Master Member

Quote:
All you have to do is cap the wires not used, there are 2 ones on the Type S harness needed to install a Canadian cluster. Or you can take them right out of the plug it self, you just use a small flat head screw driver and pop this little rectangular piece on the plug. Then you can pull the wires not need. Keep the wires you pull out tho, just in case you have friends with a Canadian car and they wanna do the cluster swap. The Canadian harness, has a pink DRL wire I believe, and a Gauges and Indicators which must be in the harness in order for the Canadian cluster to work. The Us model also just has some different coloured wires outlined in the pin diagram on this thread. I know it will work because I used an US type-S wiring harness, and then had to cut connector A from a Canadian 05 base model I found in the junkyard.

Sorry to sound like an idiot.. but I dont exactly follow.. maybe its just alot of mumble jumbo but Im getting a canadian type s cluster and swap it into my usdm car.. I have a 02-04 donor usdm cluster to make this harness with...

that will still work right? since I dont need the drl wire and the other wire? and what is this popping the little rectangular piece on the plug??

Sorry if it sounds dumb, i just wanna make sure i do it right!
RSlowXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #69
aGoaTw/aHaTtype-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSlowXS View Post
Sorry to sound like an idiot.. but I dont exactly follow.. maybe its just alot of mumble jumbo but Im getting a canadian type s cluster and swap it into my usdm car.. I have a 02-04 donor usdm cluster to make this harness with...

that will still work right? since I dont need the drl wire and the other wire? and what is this popping the little rectangular piece on the plug??

Sorry if it sounds dumb, i just wanna make sure i do it right!
Sorry, I could have explained that better! I meant on the actual pigtail it self, on the male plug for connector A, I believe there are 2 wires needed in a Canadian model car DRL, Gauges and Indicators. there is a little black rectangular piece with a slot on that male plug, when you pop it up, it allows you to pull the wires not needed in your harness, or alternatively plug more in. Then you pop it back in place to secure the wires.

If you're plugging in a Canadian cluster into your US model car it should work, but the DRL light may be on, and something else may not work.. Gauges and Indicators, I have no idea what exactly it's referring to. If you find your self unable to use the cluster, I do have an American one for the type S for sale.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #70
RSlowXS
Master Member

when you say gauges and indicators, what do you mean by that?

also, i wanted an 05-06 but also a canadian version because it goes up to 260 kph
Old 04-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #71
aGoaTw/aHaTtype-S

Quote:
when you say gauges and indicators, what do you mean by that?

also, i wanted an 05-06 but also a canadian version because it goes up to 260 kph
The US model goes up to 260 with kph all tiny on the inside.. It just looks lame in MPH, no offensive to any Americans, I just think MPH is lame, I would rather have an easier to read speedometer that makes me feel like I'm going faster, rofl

Check out the pin diagram in the DIY guide at the beginning, connector A will have two wires specifically for the Canadian model car. On Connector A (05 model)

1. Gauges and Indicators (PNK)
14. DRL WHT/BLU

I'm not entirely sure what aspect of the gauges and indicators are affected by Not having wire 1.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #72
aGoaTw/aHaTtype-S

In other words, your car doesn't have that wire, and I have not a clue what won't work or maybe it won't matter. Try asking the guys who have installed the AUDM cluster in their cars. Or just do a search on the internet, maybe even make a post. I was told by someone that the gauges wouldn't work properly without that wire, but the guy didn't specify what exactly.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #73
RSlowXS
Master Member

aiight, thanks! when mine gets here and junk and its wired in ill make sure to report back if anythings wrong!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #74
aGoaTw/aHaTtype-S

Quote:
aiight, thanks! when mine gets here and junk and its wired in ill make sure to report back if anythings wrong!
If you need any tips on how to solder pin to wire, I have posted some tips in this thread, just check em out if you need. My harness turned out solid, no problems.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #75
RSlowXS
Master Member

so im starting to solder and i noticed.. theres numbers on the inside..

therefore if i turn it around the top row would be

123456789 left to right

basically the connector diagram is correct if you are looking at it from the point of where your soldering the wires right?? hopefully someone can answer this before I continue since i dont wanna mess this up and waste my time.. because right now my harness is looking opposite of the one pictured in this diy..