Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Custom Headlights, CATZ 5500K HID's & StreetGlow

4K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  DemonChaser 
#1 ·
I had a busy weekend of work on my RSX, lots of modifications to the lighting on the car.

The custom color matched hedlights were sent out to an auto shop for the work, they've been waiting in the garage for a couple weeks for the HID's to arrive.

The HID's are CATZ 5500K kit, many thanks to Trevor at Visualdynamics.ca for getting them to me so quickly. Pictures just don't capture how stunning HID's really are; they really light up the road.

The StreetGlow I just had changed out, the first set on there didn't look how I wanted them, these do.

Pic 1: Custom Color-matched headlights from the front

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
The LED's in the headlights are hooked into the alarm system. When the car is off, they flash, constant on with a switch; they are installed in the high beams. The washer nozzle LED's may come off, even though they're the same color from the same company they don't match up perfectly.

#21 ·
I bought the CATZ 5500K kit from a group buy, the GB price was $479 plus shipping. I think regularly they are ~$625 for the 5500K series.

If you're interested, talk to Trevor at www.visualdynamics.ca and tell him that Paul referred you. The CATZ HID kit is a really nice kit; easy installation, excellent looks. Given the chance, I would definately go with CATZ again.

#25 ·
Unfortuneately, I can't take credit for the actual paint job. The person I use to paint everything really does an incredible job, I give him a photgraph or an idea, and he makes them come true. There is condensation in my headlights, they're currently off the car having that issue fixed. Plus they're being prepped for LiteGlow strobe lights.

#26 ·
Headlights look great. :thumbsup:

I am preparing to color match mine to my ABP Type S as well but I am not exactly sure on the exact method of painting the lights. I had planned on following the DIY JDM instructions, just instead of black using the ABP, but I am not sure if the ABP should be handled differently. Anyway you could post the steps your guy took to paint the heads? It would be really really really helpful if you could.

Also, how much did he charge you to open the headlights, paint em, and re-seal them??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.