Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 BAD RSX-It might be one day- Build Thread

73K views 630 replies 121 participants last post by  swaid 
#1 · (Edited)
Well Guys i figured its time for me to start a build thread...I have been known to carry on and on when typing so bear with me lol...I will try to update with more pics and info every Thursday

Here We Go:

I bought my first RSX in 2006 it was a 2002 Type S silver, the car had a few mods when i bought it such as:
-Sprint Lowering Springs
-Neuspeed CatBack Exhaust
-A-Spec Lip Kit
-35% tint
-DC Sports CAI
-18" Volk GT-C wheels
-Custom painted hood and side stripes
-Depo black housing headlights
-Compustar Alarm system
I added a few different mods some bad and some good, K20A complete swap from Hmotorsonline.com
Silver RSX:

In 2007 i finally figured out which way i wanted to go in this game and figured it would be easier to sell the silver rsx and find something more that i liked for what i was trying to do which was built and boosted

These are the exact pics i found of the car when it was listed on Ebay for auction

Black RSX:

The auction ended and i didnt have my funds together to buy it and it didnt sell...so i kept in contact with the guy and he thought i was BSing him about buying it and traded it in 3 days before i was supposed to drive to New jersey to pick it up..SO i tracked down the dealership he traded it in to and bought it from them for $500 cheaper than his reserve price that same weekend I was supposed to buy the car from him...so that worked out but the guy is still a dumbass lol Pics from the way home

See less See more
#223 ·
Week #12 Update

Damn i need to keep up on updating this so i can catch up to current time lol, i had this update all ready to post last night and my computer shut down so it didnt post, pissed me off and went to bed so re trying today lol

Few more pictures of the completed dash and everything that was deleted, also re ran the lights for my gauges, and the power source for the gauges that need power

A few last shots of the interior before everything gets removed and the last few pics of the car with red DC5R carpet, going back to black carpet

The last few pictures of how the engine bay is before I start to clean it up a bunch, wont be completed for this spring but will definately look better than this

Now on to deleting the un needed wires and de pinning them and cleaning up the inside of the car

Of course bolt breaks off that holds E-Brake handle...had to drill it out

And since i deleted heat for the car, this is my new heating system for the car lol

its sooo cold in the garage but im dedicated to finishing this thing and being ready for spring in case you cant tell from being on motor 3 by now and working in this freezing garage Im definately dedicated to this car

And the mess of wires lol

Here is my new seat in the car...classic JDM walmart fabric pillows lol

#231 ·
The dashboard by itself isn't too hateful, I'm glad I did it worked out really well for what I was wanting to do and got rid of all kinds of junk

Yeah that garage isn't insulated and like right now the temperature outside is zero so its definately needed, but still freeze usually and when it gets in the teens I usually don't run it because kerosene is expensive....but this heater is pretty sweet it will run on kerosene diesel #1 and #2 pretty cool
too...many..wires...
I know right, I think its well worth it during the down time, I like it a lot more and cleaned up really nice

that heater is going to melt off the paint on your car lol

lookin good man!
Lol I watch that closely and don't keep it there just run it for a while to get some heat in the car while I'm working in there lol.....it needs a little body work on that side and whole car needs re painted anyways :laughing:

Hit me up when you are done with that class and have time to come to town

#247 · (Edited)
Week #13 Update

Ok well I got some free time before the girlfriend and I go out for the night so I figured I would update this thing again since I have missed a few Thursdays lol

So now on to deleting un needed things in the hatch such as defrost and the wiper, I have had the stuff forever to do this just never actually did it so I went ahead and got this out of the way

Finished product, Looks soo much better and cleaner, even though the underneath part wont be seen lol

Now on to removing the headliner for my christmas present from my girlfriend

Unfortunately this is how the rest of the interior was at this time

Had to use this Duplicolor fabric dye for my mirrors, and sunroof ring to match my new christmas present, headliner and sunroof visor wrapped in black suede, the a pillars and other plastic interior trim pieces are painted using black Krylon fusion for plastic

What a good girlfriend lol, I love how this turned out

#254 ·
Haven't worked on it, it's like 0 degrees outside so I'm all set on freezing my ass off in my garage.

Bought all the supplies though, made the fusebox bracket, so it should only take me a couple hours of working my magic to make it all beautiful.

#257 ·
Yeah I know what you mean its freezing cold outside and it sucks...but spring time is closing in and I got a lot of work to do
headliner turned out great!!
:thumbsup: thanks man, I really like it I'm glad I didn't dye it with that fabric dye, I think this looks so much better
this build is not dont :fuu:
:confused::dontknow: not sure what you mean? Maybe this build is not done :fuu:

And if that's what its supposed to say, that's what I think about every day :laughing:

#258 · (Edited)
Week #14 Update

So on December 15, 2010 I get an email from Corey at Slowmotion and he has these pictures for me and said my motor will be ready for pick up on Friday

Here are the pics from the email....hard to believe that is the same cylinder head and block...the cylinder head was welded up and machined back down and the spark plug hole had to be re threaded

So Friday I was so anxious to get out of work and go pick it up, here is the baby in the trunk of my car at the time (Hyundai Accent) lol

And FINALLY home sweet home back in my garage

Now back to the car...time to put this bitch on a diet lol dry ice removing the sound deading fomr the entire floor of the car

Then everything came off of the firewall

Then lay some black paint down just to clean it up a tad bit since the black sound deading wasnt there anymore I didnt want any gray showing where the carpet wont cover

#260 ·
So on December 15, 2010 I get an email from Corey at Slowmotion and he has these pictures for me and said my motor will be ready for pick up on Friday

Here are the pics from the email....hard to believe that is the same cylinder head and block...the cylinder head was welded up and machined back down and the spark plug hole had to be re threaded

So Friday I was so anxious to get out of work and go pick it up, here is the baby in the trunk of my car at the time (Hyundai Accent) lol

And FINALLY home sweet home back in my garage

Now back to the car...time to put this bitch on a diet lol dry ice removing the sound deading fomr the entire floor of the car

Then everything came off of the firewall

Then lay some black paint down just to clean it up a tad bit since the black sound deading wasnt there anymore I didnt want any gray showing where the carpet wont cover

:drool: that motor looks so fresh:thumbsup:

#261 ·
Thank you sir :thumbsup:
:drool: that motor looks so fresh:thumbsup:
I know he emailed me those pictures and I was so anxious for Friday to come around and get out of work lol I was so suprised to see that head when I knew what it looked like when I took it there

#272 ·
Week #15 Update

Some more shots of the interior

And now I have to clean up this cruddy looking steering rack

ALL Better

Now time to un wrap all of my piping so I can take it to be heat coated no more heat wrap

And the rest of whats left on the front end cleaning up

Now I need some opinions...I eventually plan on shaving the bay and filling these holes but for this summer this is my plan....Do you guys think i should use the sheet metal and paint it black? OR should I use the Carbon Fiber piece?

Which do you guys like better for now?

And while cleaning out the engine bay I foudn this....looks like the tie rod was hitting the fitting and bending it upwards...I dont know what to do about this or how I can prevent it either....Any ideas?

And Finally got around to installing my PSPEC shifter into the shift box

And this is what I did yesterday...we were on a level three snow emergency so I sat down on the floor and de loomed and deleted the un needed wires from my fuse box and engine compartment harness....ready to relocate

BEFORE

AFTER

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.