Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Headunit Showoff

152K views 476 replies 266 participants last post by  ghost044 
#1 ·
alrite, maybe i'll get flamed for this, but i decided to give it a go anyway

me and my friends have been interested in buying new headunits for a while and i thought it would be a good idea if there was a thread for showing off your headunits. i thought it would be nice not only for me but for others lookin for cool headunits if some people on this forum with nice headunits can post some pictures here and give a little "rating" for their hu.

i understand that woofers and amps are important parts of your audio system as well but its the headunit that makes your audio set look so cool.

SOOOOO
GO AHEAD and SHOW YOUR BEST
Brian

#27 ·
kenwood kvt-815dvd

GENERAL FEATURES
- Clock
- DIN-Size In-Dash Mounting: with Hideaway Box
- Finish: Silver/Ebony
- Iso-Mount Capability for Japanese Vehicles
- Programmable Security Code System
- Removable Faceplate with Carrying Case
- Touchscreen Control with New Graphic User Interface
- LCD Display: Color 5 x 7 Dot Matrix (allows use with video screen closed)
- Touch-Tone Buttons: Defeatable

AUDIO FEATURES
- A.M.S. Amplifier Control Interface: with Compatible Amplifier
- Attenuator with Smooth Volume Return: -20dB
- Audio/Video Inputs: 1
- Audio/Video Outputs: 1
- Dual-Zone Control
- Electronic Audio Control (Volume, Balance, Fader)
- Front/Rear Fader
- High Voltage Preamp Output: 5.0V
- Loudness Control
- Low Output Impedance (80 Ohms)
- Preouts: Front, Rear, Non-Fading (Gold-Plated)
- Source Tone Memory
- System E's + Advanced Crossover System
- System Q EX Sound Control: with User Memory
- Telephone Mute: 2-Way
- Tone Controls: Bass, Midrange, Treble

DISC PLAYER FEATURES
- Audible Fast-Forward/Fast-Reverse
- CD Text: 12 Characters
- Changer Control
- Digital Anti-Skip: 3 Seconds (DVD only)
- Digital Filter: 8-Times Oversampling
- Digital Optimum Servo Control
- Digital to Analog Converter: 24-Bit Resolution
- Intro Scan: Track
- Kenwood-Designed Superior Disc Transport
- Play/Pause
- Plays DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, VCD, CD, CD-R/RW and MP3/WMA-Encoded CD-R/RW Discs
- Precision Digital Timing (DPAC)
- Random, Repeat, Search: Track

TUNER FEATURES
- Automatic and Manual Tuning
- Automatic Memory Entry
- Direct Access Tuning
- HD Radio Ready
- High-Speed Multipath Control (CRSC) with ANRC
- Kenwood CR-2 Advanced Tuner
- Preset Seek Tuning
- Radio Data System (RDS)
- SIRIUS Satellite Ready
- Station Name Preset Play
- Station Naming: 24 Stations
- Station Presets: 24 (18 FM, 6 AM)

VIDEO FEATURES
- Adjustable Video Monitor Angle: +28 degrees through -21 degrees, in 8 steps
- Fully Automatic Retractable Screen
- LCD Screen: 7" Wide, 336,960 Pixels
- RGB Input
- Selectable Screen Viewing Modes: Normal, Full, Just, and Zoom
- Video Input Automatic Signal Detection
- Widescreen (16:9) Aspect Ratio

INCLUDED ACCESSORIES
- Remote Control: Grip-Type, Full-Function, Flip-Down 10-Key

#29 ·
That Alpine CDA-9831 looks so sweet I have the Alpine Iva-D900 and love it.

#30 ·
Doesnt get much better than my Clarion - Proaudio - DXZ835MP-R

Attachments

#32 ·
offtopic: I've always been wondering...people who have AWESOME inteior setup's, how do you keep your electronics away from theft?

I am a complete idiot when it comes to directions, and I'm so blind at night too... A touch screen LCD with navigation system for me is definitely somewhere down the road, but I can never justify spending $1k to have the increased possibility of having some punk bash open my windown and pop the whole center console. :firemad:

I personally believe that stealth is the best protection against theft, are those LCD touch screen detachable? How do you guys protect your electronics?

#40 ·
S2000 God, Rsx's don't have covers for our decks, so that option is kinda of out of the question. Covering up what u have can also cause suspicision of people know that is where the deck is located. Like i know of people who have had their deck's jacked when they keep it the faceplate in their glove compartment, locked....if a theif wants ur deck they'll take it from you. crowbars and screwdrivers work wonders when it comes to brute force for prying.

#41 ·
Riceoroni said:
S2000 God, Rsx's don't have covers for our decks, so that option is kinda of out of the question. Covering up what u have can also cause suspicision of people know that is where the deck is located. Like i know of people who have had their deck's jacked when they keep it the faceplate in their glove compartment, locked....if a theif wants ur deck they'll take it from you. crowbars and screwdrivers work wonders when it comes to brute force for prying.
ya i know they don;t have covers :D i was just being a little sarcastic ;)

#42 ·
rocfob: My car is garaged at night. During daylight hours I ALWAYS use my sun visor in the windshield & my side and rear windows have 5% tint. If I'm out at night you cannot see what's inside with tint that dark. I also has the stock security system. On top of that the city I live in isn't ridden with crime, yet.

#43 ·
All I have is a night pic at the moment. Here is a Sony M8800 with the optional joystick remote used as a source/volume/track knob in the hazzard button hole. I fabricated a mount to bolt into the existing screw holes. The hazzard button was moved to the cigarette lighter hole. Looks very stock. I am considering customizing one of the aftermarket fit kits to make the HU fit/look even better....

#46 ·
Here is mine, Not installed yet but it will be soon

#47 ·
Yeah, my fiance has a base RSX and i stole her trim and pocket because she wanted my bose 6-disc. The screws line up with the holes on the top and bottom, so i moved i up there since i dont use it and wanted the screen lower.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.