Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

MX-5 vs S2000

Tags
mx5 s2000
45K views 225 replies 60 participants last post by  SolidTypeSexy 
#1 ·
Thinking of getting one of the other. I like the miata, but worried about rust and it just being old. Has any of the s2000 owners had the miata cross their mine when looking for a track car?

#84 ·
OMGOOROD that olive s2k is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love::run::run::noes::noes::run::run::run::bowdown::bowdown::lovewave:
his parents love him :eek:

the rest of the pictures u put were ehhh - some were flush but the owners were talentless, just rich.

i was going to post up some dumped and flush miatas but they're on my other computer. anyway, carlo, where are you located? my cousin has a low n flush NA (i think 97) with a diff, bucket, clutch, and hardtop. it's pretty clean. I'm sure he'd give you a ride if you're local. What I like about the NAs is that they're small but with the chassis design, you feel SO low to the ground.

what are you looking for? I mean it seems like you're looking for an NA which is a longshot from an s2k... NBs are cool but NCs are just FUGLY. and as for the guy that posted his NA on the track saying it's a good track car... are you on crack? how in the world can a miata be a competitive track car with a stock motor? it's slow as hell. autocross, sure, but not really track... but I think if you have the funds for an s2k, you'd have enough to build a really nice miata.

if you want a go kart feeling, drive the first generation mr2s, they handle like they're on rails. generally speaking the owners are old dudes so you won't see any dumped and flush ones but in a month or so I'll post pics of mine :thumbsup:

#85 ·
I cant think of what to do body wise for this fuckin car :mad: If it was an NB I'd just do a lip, splitter and slam the sonofabitch. I got nothing for the NA... I like the autokonexion kit but I want something that can be replaced cheaply. I'm honestly expecting to smack a few walls in this thing...

#86 ·
I'd go with racing beat front bumper at the very least.

Honestly though, there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many different kits/bumpers for those cars, half of them I didn't even know existed. All kinds of weird/rare companies make shit for them. Unlike the NB's. NB's only have like 2-3 different companies and that's it.

#87 ·
True true, I find new shit every day... Honestly there is so much stuff for a vintage style build that is vastly diffifent than any platform I've seen, its tempting... but I thinking flares, cut out the bottom bumper, AK trunk, hard top, and a front lip/splitter is the way to go. Not the best looking but has the look of the pure function that it actually is... What ever is cheapest to replace is what it comes down too :laughing: I've already had to tear down the front suspension after breaking an LCA...

#97 ·
This. Miatas were out 10 years before the s2000. Who replicates what?

#112 ·
shits sick. Love the IC piping routing. That BOV isn't recirculated right?

#132 ·
What your stupid ass fails to realize is that I love s2000's. I wanted one even before the miata. Even before I had my 3 wrx's. Even before I had my 4 RSX's. Somehow I never got into one. I think those cars are great and look sexy. Better looking than a Miata? Subjective but I think so.

However, just cause its a nice sexy car doesn't change facts. Its not nearly as popular, not nearly as commonly raced, and didn't sell nearly as well. PERIOD.

So to talk down to miata's in an s2000 is retarded. Both have their pro's and cons.

Now go change your tampon.

#136 ·
So then why didn't honda restyle the s2k and make it sell?
Because the sales figures were so poor that they didn't even want to take the risk.

Or is there a better reason?

I get where you're coming from trying to explain david Sterns stupid ass post, but he could have easily/simply said something similar to your current post way back when before the argument started, but no, he chose to start throwing insults like a little bitch. All I said is "that makes no sense". Didn't insult his dumb ass in any way. But NOOOOO. Oh well, I don't mind drama:coffee::mam:

#145 ·
I'm still waiting to hear about how the S2000 is a superior platform to the Miata. tick-tock wtf?

So far all david stern does is say that the S2k looks better and that the Miata is gay. I'm failing to see how any of his pathetic attempts at "arguing" are worth reading. Funniest part about the miata being too gay is that during production the S2000 was the #1 most desired car in the homosexual community. :rotfl:

IMO anyone who blatantly bashes a car for no apparent reason is anything but an "enthusiast"; actually thats the exact definition of a fanboy. :dontknow:

The S2000 was not discontinued because Honda wanted it to be limited production. GTFO with that bullshit excuse lmfao. If there were 10 million people at honda's door in 2008 waiting for an S2k you'd better bet your ass they'd crank up production. THE CAR DIDNT SELL, END OF FUCKING STORY.

Why buy an S2000 when you can have a more capable car for less money that offers the same features?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.